As a Strategic Account Manager at Kinney Group, you will drive demand and sell our consulting, engineering, and subscription-based solutions. The sales territory will be commercial IT organizations within a 250-mile radius of Indianapolis, IN reaching into an extended regional territory.
Kinney Group needs you to drive incremental opportunities tied to our high-impact engineering solutions and become proficient on key technical platforms and solutions that we represent. Developing strong direct/channel partnerships and participation in industry events to expand contact networks will be critical to this position.
Your end goal: earn the mind share of direct customers and channel representatives regarding KGI’s unquestioned leadership in providing recurring revenue services engagements. While you will carry a personal quota, you will have access to sales engineering support. Additionally, you will work closely with the VP of Sales and be a valued member of an abundant-minded sales team.
Required Skills and Education:
- 3-5+ years of experience successfully selling enterprise IT solutions to Fortune 2000 and mid-market organizations
- Command a technical knowledge of/capacity to learn identified platforms – primarily Splunk, Puppet, AppDynamics, and the VMware cloud suite – and have a deep understanding of Kinney Group’s business value to customers by completing the vendor trainings provided within 90 days of hire
- Demonstrated expertise of strategies and tactics associated with complex sales of technology services offerings to large organizations
- Experience driving mind share within direct opportunities as well as within multi-layered channel, OEM, and technology partner environments
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and connect them with customer requirements
- Strong technical aptitude and great cultural attitude are a must – commitment to learning and living the Kinney Group selling model and customer-centered approach
- Ability to travel 25-50% as needed
- Working knowledge of cloud-computing technologies, automation, analytics, and data center fundamentals
- Experience and relationships with Splunk, Puppet, Cisco (AppDynamics), and VMware selling organizations considered a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred
- Strong desire to maximize personal earning potential tied to revenue generation and goal attainment
- Commitment to solving customer problems with a bias to action
- Competitive drive for closing deals and making money
More about Kinney Group:
Kinney Group is a cloud solutions integrator harnessing the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Automation is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced security, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.