The primary mission for the VMware Engineer is to architect, build and deploy VMware based solutions. This role is responsible for developing automations using tools to affect virtualization with tools to include Vsphere 6.5x, VMware NSX, vSAN, vRA and vRO, with a focus on vRA and vRO. There are ancillary tool sets such Puppet and Splunk that can assist in configuration and remediation.
- Team Membership
- Collaborate effectively with the other Engineering team members.
- Provide input to line management regarding personal development & training.
- Function as a SME and provide assistance to other members of the team.
- Technology Expertise
- Understand the capabilities of the technologies for which they are a Subject Matter Expert.
- Broad systems and technology expertise including demonstrable expertise in troubleshooting complex issues.
- Proven experience in managing change in a dynamic environment.
- Provide solution design and technical input for internal and external customer solutions.
- Ensure that company development and process standards are implemented in all internal systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to present to internal, and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Available to travel up to 75%
Skills & Qualifications
- At least five (5) years of VMware vSphere experience. VCP-DCV certification (version 6 and above)
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer technology or other technology related degree.
- Expertise with one or more of the following VMware products: vRealize Automation Suite, VMware NSX, and VSAN.
- Storage: Design, build and operate NetApp, Pure Storage or other Tier 1 Storage
- Server Platforms: Design, build and operate various server platforms such as, Dell FX, Cisco UCS or equivalent.
- Previous hands-on expertise with SAN-based replication and DR technologies.
- Previous experience with a software configuration management system (subversion, git, hub, cvs, etc)
- Prior experience working with Agile development methodologies for managing projects. Scrum or Kanban experience preferred.
- A firm understanding of DevOps concepts and tools like Infrastructure-as-code, containers and source code management.
- Experience in cloud based technologies like AWS. Preferred but not required.
- Additional skills/experience/certifications that are highly desired in this role:
- Demonstrated scripting experience in Linux and Windows environments
- Palo Alto Networks
- Industry certifications especially Security+
- Cisco certifications
- DoD Security Clearance (Secret or higher)
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.