The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
We’re looking for a seasoned analytical marketing leader to optimize and scale our channel and contact strategy. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, in this highly visible and strategic role, you will partner with marketers, digital channel owners, sales leadership, data & analytics, and product teams to drive adoption of our insurance products. In addition to owning the overall channel and optimization agenda, this role will own and manage our lead generation programs through Affiliate and Direct Mail channels.
As Senior Director Channel Strategy & Optimization, you will directly lead a lean team of affiliate, and direct mail marketers, with support from dedicated data scientists and analysts from our Enterprise Analytics and FP&A teams. You will drive growth by leveraging data & analytics to create actionable targeting strategies, and robust testing agenda across the customer journey to fuel business growth
We are looking for problem solvers who have proven experience translating data into actionable channel growth and efficiency strategies. Structured thinking, sound business judgment, strong communication and influencing skills, and a track record of successfully operating in matrix organizations will be critical to success in this role.
A day in the life could include:
- Evaluate drivers of Affiliate and DM channel performance to achieve business goals (# new leads, customers, CAC, LTV).
- Create and own a robust channel testing and measurement agenda. Prioritize execution of learning agenda and own the test read outs and recommendations.
- Monitor the marketing spend across all channels (Affiliate,DM, Paid Digital, TV, other Offline etc) for desired growth and payback outcomes. Partner with other channel marketers, data & analytics teams to enhance channel attribution sophistication to unlock growth and efficiency.
- Drive targeting, segmentation innovation leveraging demographic, customer, and insurance underwriting data/trends.
- Provide thought leadership and partnership on the data science and analytics agenda to drive sustainable growth from marketing and sales levers.
- Own the channel strategy and execution for new markets and be the single marketing point of contact for state expansion.
- Lead weekly, monthly forums to review acquisition performance. Own all executive reporting and storytelling on marketing performance - generate key insights and partner with channel owners, and sales leads on reviewing and understanding results
- Lead and manage relationships with lead aggregators, and other external partners.
- Hire and develop marketing analytics talent to scale the team and capabilities in sync with the business needs
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 8+ years of experience in analytics roles in direct to consumer businesses
- 4+ years of experience managing a direct response channel
- 4+ years hiring, managing and developing a team of direct reports
- Track record of leveraging data and insights to design innovative growth strategies that result in tangible business success
- Ability to create compelling business cases for hypothesis driven testing
- Successful track record of effectively working with data science, FP&A and other enterprise analytics teams in a matrix environment
- Proven executive-level communications skills and presence
- Self-driven and capable of taking initiative and working with minimal direction
- Experience working at a fast-paced, growth-stage startup is a plus
- Experience working in financial services or regulated industries is preferred but not required
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.