The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us to manage our growing cloud infrastructure needs. You'll work closely with our engineering, QA, and product teams to provide best practices, tooling, and support, and enable our continued growth. You will play a critical role in enabling the scaling and security of our cloud infrastructure, as well as our production capacity.
A day in the life could include:
- Maintaining, designing, implementing and upgrading our cloud infrastructure to support our application platforms
- Owning and supporting underlying infrastructure and cross-cutting services such as logging exception tracking and monitoring
- Minimizing risk of site reliability related failure outcomes as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and security
- Implementing best practices to improve reliability, instituting performance improvements, and improving the software development process, including the buildout of testing environments. This includes engineering solutions for ensuring the reliability of the platform, including mandating a BCP strategy and following sound DevOps practices
- Taking ownership of the production risk environment by monitoring availability and developing metrics for measuring platform health--helping to establish SLAs and KPIs for system availability
- Driving the incident management process for system outages and service degradations
- Working throughout the technology stack to develop, and monitor solutions that allow for continued scalability and security
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 5+ years of DevOps / SRE experience
- 3+ years experience with high availability, concurrent distributed infrastructures
- Experience with leading cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services and Terraform
- Extensive experience working with Linux containers, schedulers and surrounding tools such as Docker
- Expertise in creating automated CI/CD Pipelines with tools such as Jenkins and Github Actions
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages (Ruby, Python, or similar)
- Database administration experience (PostgreSQL preferred)
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.