The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
We are looking for a dedicated Supervisor in claims as our team continues to grow! As a Large Loss Claims Supervisor, you will be responsible for the quality, efficiency and productivity of your respective team.
You will work with a current large loss team and be responsible to hire, plan, schedule, and administer resources that are required to meet/exceed service and support expectations. You will work closely alongside leadership to develop strategies to provide the best service to our external and internal customers. Furthermore, you'll get to lend a hand in establishing and maintaining protocols for company expense handling and fleet management as well as field staff development. This is a critical role for us and our team is passionate about delivering outstanding support, and we need your help to continue to meet our customers' home insurance needs.
A day in the life could include:
- Facilitating coaching and mentoring sessions with employees regarding adherence, feedback, opportunities for improvement and enhancing job knowledge
- Maintaining accurate employee records, vacations, absences, and personal time and be timely in addressing an employee’s lack of adherence
- Handling calls and customer escalations, removing roadblocks, collaborating with others and working issues
- Ensuring accurate and timely reporting of individual and team metrics
- Responsible for reviewing data to understand current state and proactively plan for short and long term changes
- Identifying training needs to meet job standards, goals and company policies and procedures
- Preparing and maintaining documentation, job aids, and assisting with training documentation and equipment procurement
- Assisting with training on claim investigation, evaluation and settlement techniques
- Analyzing coverage, policy interpretation, and giving direction as needed
- Investigating problems, developing alternatives and building a consensus for the solution to the problem, implementing and monitoring the solution
- Holding team accountable for quality of claim file
- Establishing and implementing field and technical training necessary to operate a remote team of hybrid adjusters capable of handling larger scope and severity losses
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 4+ years property claims leadership experience preferred
- 2+ years large loss claims handling experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years field estimating experience (Xactimate (X1) platform preferred)
- Experience handling Pre-litigation claims (Florida Public Adjuster/Attorney Represented claims preferred)
- Proficient in Excel/Google Spreadsheets
- Ability to lead and empower a hard-working team
All Claims employees are expected to be available in the event of a catastrophic event. Overtime and weekend shifts required.
Travel to alternate locations may be required to lead, observe, assess, and coach team members, and to attend meetings, mediations, training, and/or to provide additional staffing.
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability + Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Generous equity package
- 401K match
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education + professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact!
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.