The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
We are looking for a Sr. Claims Adjuster with first-party property claims experience to join our growing team! Because we tackle insurance differently, we want you to draw on your expertise in Florida residential property claims while helping us to continue to innovate on behalf of Kin’s customers and our stakeholders.
Our insureds can submit their claim online or by phone, giving you the chance to provide support and solutions regarding structure damages ranging from daily water claims to total losses. In this role, you will work closely with vendors alongside examining and appropriately interpreting insured's policies. Here, you have the chance to help our customers navigate through their toughest times and educate them on their policy and extent of coverage. Building rapport and keeping in close contact with our insureds is a vital component to this role and will help ensure your continued success.
A day in the life could include:
- Drafting, approving and adjusting estimates of damage and loss amounts utilizing Xactimate and Xactanalysis
- Using varying methods of investigation, including taking recorded statements, inspecting property damage, and reviewing documentation
- Reviewing and estimating the cost of repair, replacement, or compensation and delivering results to the customer
- Writing clear, concise diary notes alongside setting field assignments, setting and saving contacts, and issuing payments
- Appropriately applying knowledge of multiple state statutes, including the insurance code of ethics, rules, regulations, and guidelines
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 3+ years of adjusting first-party residential property claims (field experience preferred)
- Experience working directly for an insurance carrier
- Working knowledge of Florida insurance laws and good faith claims handling
- Vendor management and negotiation experience
- Superb customer service ability
- Technical enthusiast: you enjoy learning new skills and are well-versed in estimating + data tools
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability + Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Generous equity package
- 401K match
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education + professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact!
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.