Kin is the home insurance company For Every New Normal. Because of our proprietary technology and direct-to-consumer model, we provide affordable pricing without compromising coverage, even in areas most impacted by climate change. We’re proud to offer fully digital homeowners insurance with an elegant user experience, accurate pricing, and fast, high-quality claims service.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In’s 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is revolutionizing the home insurance industry. We think homeowners deserve better, so we’re making the process of quoting and purchasing insurance easier. In order to continue to offer innovative products and services, we need to expand our team of Insurance Product experts. We’re looking for innovative thinkers who agree with us, insurance can be exciting! This individual will bring their industry expertise and lend a hand to multiple areas of the business including managing to profitable growth for our lines of business and assigned states. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of management including pricing, policy and forms, underwriting, agency management, regulatory, planning, project management, and implementation. We’ll look to you to develop integrated state-specific strategies including actuarial, claims, distribution and other functional areas as well as to align and measure goals set against our financial plans.
A day in the life could include:
- P&L responsibility for line of business and/or states
- Representing Kin as a company expert and authority online of business and/or states including detailed understanding of market underwriting, pricing, competitors, agencies, business mix, regulations
- Create line of business / state strategies including all operational goals and measures including; customer experience and satisfaction, policyholder retention, quotes, sales, conversion, new business growth, underwriting quality, price segmentation, agency management, and claims trends
- Align operational goals and measures across functions for financial planning and evaluation
- Project management including planning, business requirements quality, timeliness, and quality
- File and gain approval of changes requiring regulatory approval
- Communicate and plan state strategies with managers across all functional areas and leadership team
- Lead line of business and state teams
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- BS degree ideally with a focus in mathematics, finance, accounting, engineering, or other quantitative discipline
- Proven success leading lines of business or state teams
- Ability to create lines of business and state strategies supported by operational plans and measures
- Experience with wildfire and/or earthquake exposed property
- Highly motivated to improve the insurance industry
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Passion for customer service and doing things the right way
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Remote Work (due to Covid-19) and flexible work hours
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.