Kin is the home insurance company For Every New Normal. Because of our proprietary technology and direct-to-consumer model, we provide affordable pricing without compromising coverage, even in areas most impacted by climate change. We’re proud to offer fully digital homeowners insurance with an elegant user experience, accurate pricing, and fast, high-quality claims service.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In’s 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.
So, what’s the role?
We are looking for a Senior Claims Adjuster with first-party property claims experience to join our growing claims team. Since we tackle insurance differently, we want you to draw on your expertise in Florida residential property claims while helping us to continue to innovate on behalf of Kin’s customers and our stakeholders.
A day in the life could include:
- Examining and appropriately interpreting insureds’ policies, forms in force and other records to determine coverage and extent of company’s liability
- Communicating and corresponding with customers throughout the Claims process while providing high quality customer service
- Drafting, approving and adjusting estimates of damage and loss amounts
- Using varying methods of investigation, including taking recorded statements, consulting with police, inspecting property damage, and reviewing documentation
- Estimating cost of repair, replacement, or compensation
- Writing clear, concise diary notes, setting field assignments, setting and saving contacts, and issuing payments
- Appropriately applying knowledge of multiple state statutes, including the insurance code of ethics, rules, regulations, and guidelines
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 5+ years of first-party property claims adjusting experience
- 4+ years of experience working directly for a carrier
- Working knowledge of Florida insurance laws and Florida good faith claims handling experience
- Excellent interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Data-driven, analytical approach
- Vendor management and negotiation experience
- Technical savviness, and familiarity with estimating tools such as Xactimate
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Remote/Hybrid Work Environment
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.