King & Union is seeking to hire an experienced and talented Senior Product Manager in our fast paced well-funded start-up.King & Union’s Avalon helps build an interactive community of cyber analysts. Avalon is an analyst collaboration platform that provides custom analytic and enrichment services. It enables organizations users to rapidly collaborate with trusted peers on investigations and findings, providing unique insights, and setting up fast action events for remediation.King & Union Product Managers help define product capabilities and develop our roadmap, in partnership with the technical and Executive team, to ensure continuity in current product offerings and identify new opportunities for the King & Union Avalon platform.You should have a deep understanding of the cyber security landscape around threat intelligence, underlying technologies across the market, market trends in the threat intelligence space, and will help us to develop the product vision and detailed market and product requirements to help guide the product definition.You will develop and implement product strategies to respond to changing and/or competitive environments, which may include pricing strategies and overall product positioning.A strong understanding of threat intelligence, network security, relationship management skills, and experience in a high technology, dynamic environment is crucial to your success.
Overview of Position
The Senior Product Manager is a part of a dynamic team that delivers value to the King & Union Avalon platform and supports sales and revenue generation goals.
- Create product positioning, value propositions and pricing strategies that will enable sales and system engineering teams to easily sell and differentiate Avalon against our competition
- Experience with SaaS enterprise software licensing models including term licensing, enterprise licenses, and perpetual licensing
- Identify business opportunities through field partnership, market analysis, understanding of customer pain points and key product portfolio value that King & Union products and solutions can deliver. Develop product vision, roadmap and requirements for differentiated product and solution offerings by working with customers, sales, and engineering
- Productize the solution by partnering cross-functionally with Engineering, CTO Office, Sales Operations, Marketing and Support. Provide on-going management of the product deployment scenarios, use cases, competitive positioning, product marketing programs, contracts and agreements
- Track general business indicators, including market share and competitor’s marketing and sales program activities. Drive analysis of the trends and work with the field to identify actions to mitigate plan risks
- Work with Product Marketing to develop, communicate and implement product promotions
- Identify and maintain relationships with product and solution partners, third party vendors, etc.
- Minimum of 5+ years of enterprise/commercial Product Management experience, preferably with experience in security startup’s
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Strong understanding of various SaaS pricing models and incentive programs to drive customer adoption
- Strong presentation skills with experience presenting at the executive level both internally and externally
- Prior experience with Threat Intelligence Platforms (TIP’S), threat intelligence, security operations, cyber analysis toolsets, and cyber analysis products and services are ideal.
- Early round shares
- Competitive salary
- 401(k), healthcare, and full benefits
- Ability to work from home and our offices in Old Town, Alexandria