Kinexus, recently recognized as one of Nonprofit Times 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Best Nonprofits to Work For, is a cutting-edge community development organization with growing initiatives to create an economically thriving Michigan. We are change agents who create solutions for business, workforce, and community challenges to promote economic vitality.
Our team is comprised of competent and caring business professionals who are innovative, resourceful, collaborative, and helpful in facilitating the financial/risk management and accountability of the Kinexus Group. This responsibility requires that we be service oriented relative to the financial needs of all departments while still assuring that all transactions adhere to Kinexus Group policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, and rules established through various federal, state and local fund sources.
We lead by example by holding true to a high standard of excellence that drives the Internal Operations Team to provide outstanding levels of support, service, and products. We strive to be exemplary in all activities and to continuously exceed expectations.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
The Grants & Policy Coordinator is a key player within the Internal Operations Team performing a range of administrative duties related to grant management. This role would be charged with ensuring that both the program and fiscal aspects of implementing new grants or changes in funder requirements within Kinexus Group are executed with diligence and integrity. The Coordinator is a primarily internal support role, partnering with grant owners on the execution, implementation and compliance of grants. Critical thinking skills and the ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects is essential.
- General knowledge of and experience with grant management.
- Maintain general knowledge of and experience with federal programs and regulations.
- Provide direction and analysis to grant owners on policy and grant management
- Lead new grant or policy implementation planning sessions to ensure compliance and integrity
- Understands the principles of grant accounting and reporting.
- Understands budget preparation and administration.
- Works collaboratively with state agencies.
- Partners with all staff members at all levels.
- Active participant in all stages of the grant process, including but not limited to: proposal generation, implementation, maintenance and reporting
- Develops and maintains a library of policy and compliance documents to ensure accurate record retention.
- Works with the Director of Policy and grant owner to ensure that grants are in compliance with regulatory, funding agency and policy requirements.
- Ensure the full integration of the Internal Operations team within the larger Kinexus. Group Team to reduce duplication of effort, streamline services, and maximize all resources in support of the right service at the right time.
- Accountability to align with the mission, vision and values of Kinexus Group.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, economics, finance, or a related field or equivalent combination of training and or experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Solid computer skills and ability in Microsoft, Excel, Power Point and virtual meeting platforms (ex: Google Hangout, Zoom)
- 2-3 years grant management
- Flexible & Open
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Endless Opportunities for Growth
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A robust Onboarding experience to integrate you into our team.
- Team of Teams training in support of the organizational strategies.
- Job training and development to ensure you are established and growing in your role.
- Cross Operational Meetings with your peers.
- Management Commitment to your success (open door with CEO and COO, partnership with Senior Leadership, and peer-to-peer support)
We have unique culture that requires individuals to be BOLD, INSPIRATIONAL, ENTREPRENEURIAL, and INCLUSIVE. We spend more waking hours with each other than we do with family or friends, so finding someone that adds to our culture is extremely important.