ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Youth Solutions, Inc. (YS) is a statewide nonprofit on a mission to eliminate economic and social inequality by supporting education completion and employment success for Michigan’s vulnerable youth. For 13 years, our premier Jobs for Michigan’s Graduates (JMG) program has been a high-impact force for change, opening equal opportunities to disadvantaged youth across the state. These young people are the heart of our mission and we envision a Michigan where every young person is educated, employed, and career bound.
Since 2008, we’ve helped more than 21,500 young people grab opportunities that advance their education and employment goals.
Youth Solutions, Inc. is a part of the Kinexus Group family of organizations. Kinexus Group, recently recognized as one of Nonprofit Times 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Best Nonprofits to Work For, is a cutting-edge community development organization with growing initiatives to create an economically thriving Michigan. We are change agents who create solutions for business, workforce, and community challenges to promote economic vitality. While this position is part of and reports to Youth Solutions, Inc., this position is employed by Kinexus Group through an employee leasing agreement with Youth Solutions, Inc.
OUR DESIRED OUTCOMES:
Reporting to and in partnership with the Director of Operations and Youth Solutions Leadership, the Manager, Workforce Pathways will play a pivotal role in developing and executing on the Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) Advantage Out-of-School Time (OST) services outlined in the Department of Labor (DOL) Workforce Pathways for Youth. The Manager, Workforce Pathways will contribute to the design of OST programming, and provide leadership and direct oversight of the program staff to ensure high quality service delivery and all outcomes are met.
The Manager, Workforce Pathways will work to increase alignment between workforce and OST programs and expand job training and workforce pathways for youth and disconnected youth including soft skill development, career exploration, job readiness and certification, summer jobs, year-round job opportunities, and apprenticeships.
The position requires some travel in and out of state, including but not limited to meetings, trainings, and site visits.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
Program Leadership and Oversight
- Develop and deliver training, tools and resources for program staff, and partners (employers, community based organizations, etc.) to support new and existing program activities.
- Cultivate partnerships with local employers and community based organizations, as well as larger partners including other JAG states and JAG National.
- Oversee the OST activities and day-to-day leadership of staff, gathering input, assessing need, and providing guidance, support, operational assistance and resources, where needed.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of program staff delivering OST activities.
- Ensure that all program staff and partnering organizations have the training, support, and resources needed to deliver high quality services to youth, and successfully achieve the strategic goals and performance expectations outlined in various grant awards, including federal and state funded grants.
- In collaboration with the larger team, design and implement new service delivery lines, and special projects outlined in various grant awards and provide required updates and reports to funders.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members using organizational scorecards and/or program dashboards and modeling close oversight of performance standards.
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategies to ensure programmatic effectiveness, identifying and building best practices to replicate in other areas.
- Become the subject matter expert in applicable grant awards, including the Department of Labor (DOL) Workforce Pathways for Youth grant.
- Manage workflow process for applicable grants, including DOL funded grants, ensuring impeccable timeliness and accuracy of all relevant data fields.
- Ensure compliance with the rules and regulations administered by the grantor; take a leading role in audits conducted by grantor.
- Oversee required data entry of programmatic staff into all applicable data management systems.
- Compile and prepare all required programmatic reporting in a timely manner, quarterly reporting required for the DOL Workforce Pathways for Youth grant.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other internal teams, including the finance/accounting, operations, advancement, and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, non-profit management, or related field.
- Five years management experience.
- Five years grant management experience, federal grant management experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills. This person must be able to work with external organizations and agencies, requiring the ability to relate well with a wide range of people and values.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Demonstrated track record of success executing/implementing a variety of projects.
Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, including educating a variety of constituencies and interested parties on Youth Solutions services by developing ongoing relationships and making formal presentations.
- Personal qualities of excellence, leadership, remaining solutions-focused, and being collaborative with commitment to and passion for Youth Solutions’ mission.
- Ability to identify, articulate and implement new practices and systems.
- Ability to handle a wide range of commitments simultaneously with a keen ability to prioritize and execute.
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be willing and able to travel to administrative headquarters for in-person meetings and major metro areas; overnight stay likely at times.
- Work experience in Education.
- Experience working with youth accompanied by knowledge of positive youth development strategies.
- Knowledge in workforce programming.
- Flexible with remote work an option; workspace available at affiliate offices.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A robust onboarding experience to integrate you into our team.
- Team of Teams training in support of the organizational strategies.
- Job training and development to ensure you are established and growing in your role.
- Cross Operational Meetings with your peers.
We have a unique culture that requires us to be BOLD, INSPIRATIONAL, ENTREPRENEURIAL, and INCLUSIVE. We spend more waking hours with each other than we do with family or friends, so finding someone that adds to our culture is extremely important. It is our goal to inspire positive economic change one person, one business, and one community at a time.
Kinexus Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids, reasonable accommodations and/or services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. Michigan Relay Center: 711 Voice and TDD. Kinexus is a partner of American Job Centers.