ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Youth Solutions, Inc. is a statewide nonprofit inspiring and connecting youth to achieve a future beyond imagination. For 14 years, our premier Jobs for Michigan’s Graduates program has been a high-impact force for change, opening equal opportunities to underserved youth across the state. These young people are the heart of our mission and we envision a Michigan where every young person is educated, employed, and career bound.
Since 2008, we’ve helped 18,000+ young people grab opportunities that advance their education and employment goals. We are looking for an action-oriented, intellectually curious, Executive Director to lead Youth Solutions’ as a trusted resource for helping young people link their passions to family sustaining careers.
Youth Solutions, Inc. is a part of the Kinexus Group family of organizations. Kinexus Group, recently recognized as one of Nonprofit Times 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Best Nonprofits to Work For, is a cutting-edge community development organization with growing initiatives to create an economically thriving Michigan. We are change agents who create solutions for business, workforce, and community challenges to promote economic vitality. While this position is part of and reports to Youth Solutions, Inc., this position is employed by Kinexus Group through an employee leasing agreement with Youth Solutions, Inc.
OUR DESIRED OUTCOMES:
Reporting to and in partnership with the Director of Operations, the Manager of Program Success will play a pivotal role in executing on strategic goals set by the board of directors in alignment with state and national priorities. The Manager of Program Success will serve as the liaison between stakeholders and the staff implementing JMG, providing the training, support, and resources necessary to ensure high quality service delivery across the state.
The position requires travel throughout the state (with occasional national travel) to ensure overall program success, including but not limited to oversight of affiliate program managers, leadership of meetings/trainings, and the identification, establishment, and maintenance of partnerships with key stakeholders.
We’re looking for an individual with passion for increasing positive outcomes for Michigan’s youth with the proven ability to develop robust partnerships and provide resources that lead to these successful outcomes. Come win with us.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
Leadership of Regional Program Managers
- Oversee the program operations and day-to-day leadership of all direct service and affiliate managers, gathering input, assessing need, and providing guidance, support, operational assistance and resources, where needed.
- Implement appropriate professional development tools and training to maximize operational effectiveness and to ensure the achievement of strategic goals and program performance.
- In collaboration with the larger team, design and implement new service delivery lines, and special projects outlined in various grant awards and provide required updates and reports to funders.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members using organizational scorecards and/or program dashboards and modeling close over-site of organizational performance standards.
- Serve as the liaison between stakeholders and the staff implementing programming, ensuring successful execution of partnerships with desired outcomes.
- Ensure that all program staff have the training, support and resources necessary to execute effective partnerships with external stakeholders (employers, colleges, school districts, program volunteers, national partners, etc.).
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas, building on best practices and partnerships to replicate across the network.
- Navigate a complex network of partners, developing trust and a strong sense of loyalty among program staff
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong interpersonal skills. This person must be able to work with external organizations and agencies, requiring the ability to relate well with a wide range of people and values.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of success executing/implementing a variety of projects.
- Ability to obtain utilize strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, including educating a variety of constituencies and interested parties about JMG by developing ongoing relationships and making formal presentations.
- Personal qualities of excellence, leadership, remaining solutions-focused, and being collaborative with commitment to and passion for Youth Solutions’ mission.
- Ability to identify, articulate and implement new practices and systems.
- Ability to work independently while handling a wide range of commitments simultaneously with a keen ability to prioritize and execute.
- Solid computer skills and ability in Microsoft, Excel, Power Point and virtual meeting platforms (ex: Google Hangout, Zoom)
- Ability to proficiently use technology as a management reporting tool.
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be willing and able to travel to administrative headquarters for in-person meetings and major metro areas; overnight stay likely at times.
- Work experience in Education.
- Experience working with youth accompanied by knowledge of positive youth development strategies.
- Knowledge in workforce programming.
- Flexible with remote work an option; workspace available at affiliate offices.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A robust onboarding experience to integrate you into our team.
- Team of Teams training in support of the organizational strategies.
- Job training and development to ensure you are established and growing in your role.
- Cross Operational Meetings with your peers.
- Be a part of transformational change the Eastern Michigan Region
We have a unique culture that requires us to be BOLD, INSPIRATIONAL, ENTREPRENEURIAL, and INCLUSIVE. We spend more waking hours with each other than we do with family or friends, so finding someone that adds to our culture is extremely important. It is our goal to inspire positive economic change one person, one business, and one community at a time.
Kinexus Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids, reasonable accommodations and/or services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. Michigan Relay Center: 711 Voice and TDD. Kinexus is a partner of American Job Centers.