ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Kinexus, recently recognized as one of Nonprofit Times 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Best Nonprofits to Work For, is a cutting-edge community development organization with growing initiatives to create an economically thriving Michigan. We are change agents who create solutions for business, workforce, and community challenges to promote economic vitality.
The One-Stop Team is made up of dedicated professionals who work to develop the local workforce and build a talent pipeline to meet current and future needs of employers in the area. At the same time we are helping jobseekers in our community find sustainable employment. The One-Stop Team offers a variety of services to jobseekers at almost any level, including career coaching, scholarships for classroom training in high demand occupations, and on-the-job training opportunities. We work closely with the Business Team to connect jobseekers to multiple types of employment from entry level work to professional careers.
OUR DESIRED OUTCOMES:
As the first line of contact customers have with Michigan Works!, the Talent Enrollment Specialist is expected to be courteous, friendly, helpful and presentable at all times. The primary function of the Talent Enrollment Specialist is to assist with day to day operations of the Michigan Works! service center through the provision of excellent customer service. This is accomplished by educating customers on new and existing Michigan Works! services, education of the Unemployment Insurance process, addressing customer inquiries, and providing referrals to local resources. The Talent Enrollment Specialists is required to maintain up to date knowledge of core services and refers to Michigan Works! programs and initiatives to assist customers with employment and career goals. Secondary functions of this role include providing administrative, clerical and functional support to the Michigan Works! talent team.
The Talent Enrollment Specialist will:
- Ensure timely opening and closure of the Michigan Works! office
- Provide excellent customer services to all customers in a friendly, courteous and uplifting manner
- Have up to date knowledge about the Michigan Works! services and respond to all customer inquiries accordingly
- Improve the customer experience by ensuring all customers are attended to promptly and their challenges are resolved
- Ensure all Michigan Works! policies and procedures, code of conduct and guidelines are followed Inform/suggest existing and new services to customers
- Provide information and navigation assistance with Michigan Talent Connect accounts and Unemployment Insurance
- Help customers navigate use of technology: including but not limited to; access to the internet, creating emails and contacting area resources
- Facilitate public workshops focused on resume development, interview skills and career navigation
- Ensure that customers’ confidential information is properly protected and only used for official purposes
- Suggest effective ways through which the Michigan Works! service center can further promote services and increase customer satisfaction
- Assist with data entry and administrative support to talent team staff as time allows
- Continuously update skills by participating in professional trainings, attend courses as instructed by management and be willing to contribute acquired knowledge for the improvement of operations and customers’ experience
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
The Talent Enrollment Specialist is a key player for providing support to not only the talent team but communicating across Kinexus Group based on the needs of the customer. They achieve this by maintaining knowledge of the various Michigan Works! Programs as well as Kinexus Subsidiaries to connect customers and businesses to the services or programs that best align to their needs.
- Ability to make connections with customers, businesses and partners
- Living our values (Be Bold, Inspirational, Entrepreneurial and Inclusive)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Accountable and Reliable.
- Ability to follow through with priorities and processes
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and work with customers of diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- 2 years experience in a customer-facing and customer engagement role
- Basic computer skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Associate's degree
- Administrative and clerical experience
- Spanish bilingual ability
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- A robust Onboarding experience to integrate you into our team.
- Team of Teams training in support of the organizational strategies.
- Job training and development to ensure you are established and growing in your role.
- Cross Operational Meetings with your peers.
- Management Commitment to your success (open door with CEO and COO, partnership with Senior Leadership, and peer-to-peer support)
We have unique culture that requires individuals to be BOLD, INSPIRATIONAL, ENTREPRENEURIAL, and INCLUSIVE. We spend more waking hours with each other than we do with family or friends, so finding someone that adds to our culture is extremely important.
- Position is based in Cassopolis, Michigan
- Hybrid work environment