Youth Solutions, Inc. is a statewide nonprofit inspiring and connecting youth to achieve a future beyond imagination. For 14 years, our premier Jobs for Michigan’s Graduates program has been a high-impact force for change, opening equal opportunities to underserved youth across the state. These young people are the heart of our mission and we envision a Michigan where every young person is educated, employed, and career bound.
Since 2008, we’ve helped 18,000+ young people grab opportunities that advance their education and employment goals. We are looking for an action-oriented, intellectually curious, Executive Director to lead Youth Solutions’ as a trusted resource for helping young people link their passions to family sustaining careers.
Youth Solutions, Inc. is a part of the Kinexus Group family of organizations. Kinexus Group, recently recognized as one of Nonprofit Times 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Best Nonprofits to Work For, is a cutting-edge community development organization with growing initiatives to create an economically thriving Michigan. We are change agents who create solutions for business, workforce, and community challenges to promote economic vitality. While this position is part of and reports to Youth Solutions, Inc., this position is employed by Kinexus Group through an employee leasing agreement with Youth Solutions, Inc.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
Reporting to and in partnership with both the Youth Solutions Board of Directors and the Kinexus Group parent organization, the Executive Director will lead all the core functions of the organization including strategy, finance, board management, advancement and program delivery. The Executive Director is charged with expanding and improving programs, developing service systems and practices which currently promote Youth Solution’s mission, and ensures quality service delivery. The Executive Director must also develop the appropriate strategies to implement developmental and instructional opportunities beyond core education and employment services through collaboration with statewide community partners. The Executive Director serves on the Kinexus Group Leadership Team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Strategic Vision and Leadership
- Collaborates with the Youth Solutions Board of Directors and the Kinexus Group organization to develop and/or implement a strategic plan in alignment with the Kinexus Group enterprise strategic plan, while ensuring that the Youth Solutions budget, staff, and priorities are organized to support the Youth Solution’s core mission.
- Provides inspirational leadership and direction to all Youth Solutions staff and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization; establish effective decision-making processes that will enable Youth Solution to achieve its long- and short-term goals and objectives.
- Builds a Board of Directors that is highly engaged and willing to leverage and secure resources for Youth Solutions.
- Ensures the Board of Directors is informed and understands their role within the greater Kinexus Group enterprise.
- Cultivates a strong and transparent working relationship with the Youth Solutions’ Board and ensures open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals.
- Ensures Kinexus Group is the administrative entity of Youth Solutions
- Ensures that the flow of funds permits Youth Solutions to make continuous progress towards the achievement of its mission and that those funds are allocated properly to reflect present needs and future potential.
- Formulates and executes comprehensive marketing, branding and development strategies that will ensure consistency throughout the organization and enhance revenue from major donors, foundations, government agencies, and corporations.
Strengthening Infrastructure and Operations
- Ensures the delivery of high-quality services while managing for current and future growth.
- Supports and motivates the organization's staff and growing network of partners by providing leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness during organizational growth.
- Facilitates cross-departmental collaboration and strengthens internal communications with staff throughout the organization, inclusive of Kinexus Group; creates and promotes a positive work environment that supports consistency throughout the organization's strategy, operational methods, and data collection needs.
- Oversees the financial status of the organization including developing long and short-range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place; sets financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the program and staff.
- Manages the pursuit of funds from public and private sources to fund the budget, including but not limited to assisting with grant applications, presentations to foundations and statewide community stakeholders.
Partnership Engagement & Program Development
- Establishes and maintains relationships with partner organizations within public education, business and economic development community partners as well as government agencies, community leaders and the public.
- Oversees the delivery of programs through new and existing programming and partnerships.
- Increases efficiencies and consistency throughout the organization by developing and implementing standardized programs, services, partnerships, and program-related marketing.
- Adheres to applicable state/federal laws governing the legal constitution of the organization to ensure ongoing programmatic excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited collegiate institution in Business, Education, Public Relations or related discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five (5) years progressive experience running or managing a small to medium sized department, organization, or company.
- Prior experience with board development, fundraising, marketing/branding and fiscal management
- Prior nonprofit experience ideal; management of a multi-site organization and/or affiliated organization is preferred.
- A financially savvy and politically astute leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate and guide investment in people and systems; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- A successful track record of collaborative leadership of a management team to achieve strategic objectives.
- Ability to work with other executives to define short and long-term goals, strategies, and initiatives, and connect with internal and external stakeholders to solidify partnerships and position Youth Solutions for success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Ability to be entrepreneurial, strategic, and thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to utilize creativity in solving complex business problems with a “get-it-done” attitude.
- Ability to educate a variety of constituencies and interested parties about the program(s) through casual and formal presentation.
- Sensitivity, appreciation and enthusiasm about diversity in backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are expected.
- Solid computer skills and ability in Microsoft, Excel, Power Point and virtual meeting platforms (ex: Google Hangout, Zoom)
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be willing and able to travel to administrative headquarters for in-person meetings and major metro areas; overnight stay likely at times.
- Culture that embraces and supports a diverse workforce offering equitable opportunities for growth.
- Flexible with remote work an option; requirements to travel to administrative headquarters for in-person meetings.
- Extensive statewide travel is expected of this position with focus on major metro areas; occasional overnight stay required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A robust Onboarding experience to integrate you into our team.
- Team of Teams training in support of the organizational strategies.
- Job training and development to ensure you are established and growing in your role.
- Cross Operational Meetings with your peers.
- Be a part of transformational change in the Michigan Region.
We have a unique culture that requires us to be BOLD, INSPIRATIONAL, ENTREPRENEURIAL, and INCLUSIVE. We spend more waking hours with each other than we do with family or friends, so finding someone that adds to our culture is extremely important. It is our goal to inspire positive economic change one person, one business, and one community at a time.
Kinexus Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids, reasonable accommodations and or services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. Michigan Relay Center: 711 Voice and TDD. Kinexus is a partner of American Job Centers.