Youth Solutions, Inc. (YS) is a statewide nonprofit inspiring and connecting youth to achieve a future beyond imagination. For 14 years, our premier Jobs for Michigan’s Graduates (JMG) program has been a high-impact force for change, opening equal opportunities to underserved youth across the state. These young people are the heart of our mission and we envision a Michigan where every young person is educated, employed, and career bound.
Since 2008, we’ve helped 18,000+ young people grab opportunities that advance their education and employment goals. We are looking for an action-oriented, intellectually curious, Digital Career Development Manager to help build Youth Solutions’ digital systems into a trusted resource for helping young people link their passions to family sustaining careers.
Youth Solutions, Inc. is a part of the Kinexus Group family of organizations. Kinexus Group, recently recognized as one of Nonprofit Times 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Best Nonprofits to Work For, is a cutting-edge community development organization with growing initiatives to create an economically thriving Michigan. We are change agents who create solutions for business, workforce, and community challenges to promote economic vitality. While this position is part of and reports to Youth Solutions, Inc., this position is employed by Kinexus Group through an employee leasing agreement with Youth Solutions, Inc.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
Reporting to and in partnership with the Director, Strategic Partnerships, the Digital Career Development Manager will play a pivotal role in scaling Youth Solutions’ career development services digitally to serve thousands of interested youth across the state of Michigan. They will also support the linkage of employers and postsecondary partners that match youth interests and career goals. Lastly, they will develop and manage a mentorship system linking youth with industry professionals for mentorship.
The position requires some travel throughout the state (with occasional national travel) to ensure overall program success, including but not limited to oversight of digital navigation platform, interns and volunteers, leadership of meetings/trainings, and the identification, establishment, and maintenance of partnerships with key employer and postsecondary stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage and grow Youth Solutions’ digital platform(s) for increasing youth persistence in postsecondary education and employment.
- Create or assemble youth-friendly career development content and resources to provide the right support for motivating persistence with careers, employers and college.
- Integrate our existing employer and postsecondary engagement activities and events into the service offerings.
- Manage support staff like AmeriCorps VISTA members, interns, and volunteers that will respond directly to youth inquiries daily and grow the system.
- Train all Youth Solutions staff and digital support staff on an ongoing basis.
- Design and implement creative and strategic youth information-gathering surveys and communication campaigns that inspire and motivate youth engagement.
- Assemble and manage an outreach communications database with relevant contact information and distributions.
- Create marketing material to recruit new youth and new schools as users of the platform.
- Run reports, analyze data, and give presentations on the usage and effectiveness of the systems.
- Manage virtual career development system(s) for exploring, assessing, planning and pursuing careers.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive mentoring system for connecting professionals with youth using leading software systems.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and or experience in career development, career advising, career counseling or other related fields.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience with 14-24 age bracket in the career development field and with employers and post-secondary partners.
- Prefer to work on the system level with program design and development to scale career services to a large youth audience across the state.
- Must be able to communicate digitally in a way that moves or motivates youth into action.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Personal qualities of excellence, leadership, remaining solutions-focused, and being collaborative with commitment to and passion for Youth Solutions’ mission.
- The ability to work and thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
- Experienced in using technology as a management reporting tool.
- Culture that embraces and supports a diverse workforce offering equitable opportunities for growth.
- Flexible with remote work an option; requirements to travel to administrative headquarters for in-person meetings.
- Some Statewide travel is expected of this position with focus on major metro areas; occasional overnight stay required.
- Competitive salary and benefits
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A robust Onboarding experience to integrate you into our team.
- Team of Teams training in support of the organizational strategies.
- Job training and development to ensure you are established and growing in your role.
- Cross Operational Meetings with your peers.
- Be a part of transformational change in the Southwest Michigan Region.
We have a unique culture that requires us to be BOLD, INSPIRATIONAL, ENTREPRENEURIAL and INCLUSIVE. We spend more waking hours with each other than we do with family or friends, so finding someone that adds to our culture is extremely important. It is our goal to inspire positive economic change one person, one business, and one community at a time.
Kinexus Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids, reasonable accommodations and or services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. Michigan Relay Center: 711 Voice and TDD. Kinexus is a partner of American Job Centers.