About Kin Euphorics:
Kin believes in a night where social isn’t sinful and self-care doesn’t stop at sunset. It didn’t exist at the bar, so we turned to ancient remedy and modern alchemy to create euphorics: a non-alcoholic adult beverage made from nourishing nootropics, balancing adaptogens, and replenishing botanicals that open the mind, calm the body, and connect the spirit. The ingredients in our products help balance the body’s response to stress and refill our pleasure tanks for a blissful night ahead. As we move from a mode of depletion (feeling less) to a mode of rising (feeling more), we can connect with others well into the night.
What we stand for:
We’re a team of passionate people who started as strangers and wound up a family, working together toward a mission about which we care deeply. Our group is collaborative and encouraging; we celebrate each other’s wins and learn from each other’s mistakes. As a multicultural team that embraces inclusion and diversity, we do not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression, or ability.
Kin Euphorics is seeking an individual to own Kin’s Quality Assurance & Product Development processes. This individual will work directly with the Operations team to develop and manage Kin’s existing and future product lines. This role will report to the Director of Operations and requires a highly-organized and detailed oriented person who can communicate effectively with the Kin team and also our external partners. The candidate must be a strategic problem solver and enthusiastic about building an infrastructure required to scale and manage Kin’s QA/QC and R&D programs.
While Kin Euphorics is headquartered in Brooklyn, NY we are currently working in a remote capacity until further notice. We will be considering all candidates, regardless of your current location, so long as you are able to operate on Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and develop Kin’s new product development pipeline and implementation procedures with the Operations, Executive and Creative teams.
- Manage direct relationships with Kin’s network of formulators, manufacturing partners and other key vendors to optimize formulation and quality procedures to ensure all products meet our strict standards.
- Establish and oversee all of Kin’s QA/QC protocols and procedures along with managing and updating Kin’s finished goods specifications documents and SOPs.
- Work directly with our contract manufacturer’s labs to manage QA/QC approval and any product related issues.
- Work with 3rd party labs to clear and release finished goods for distribution.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor all label and ingredient compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work directly with the Customer Experience team on a daily basis to ensure all of our customers are receiving the highest level of service and product quality possible.
- Establish and manage a new raw materials and supplier approval process.
- Validate commercialization processes of various finished goods at contract manufacturing partners.
- Maintain an accurate and timely record of all production batch records, lab reports and QC approvals.
What you'll bring to Kin:
- 3-5 years of food & beverage industry experience in product development, food & beverage technology or research & development required.
- Food Science background preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience managing and maintaining a robust QA/QC program.
- Creative mind for generating new ideas for potential future products.
- Strong excel and data entry capabilities.
- Experience creating and maintaining reporting templates.
- Strong organization skills and extreme attention to detail.
- Previous experience working with ERP systems is preferred.
- A self-starter who can identify opportunities quickly.
- Down to work in a demanding, deadline-driven start-up environment.
- Looking to be part of a mission-driven company fueling the next social movement.
- Excited to bring new ideas to a highly collaborative environment.
- A multitasker with the ability to juggle several projects at once.
- Seasoned in taking feedback gracefully and translating it into smart improvements and solutions.
- Interested to explore the world of euphorics and sober curious living.