Kin Euphorics is a revolutionary beverage company providing adults with a new kind of social beverage: Euphorics. Powered by proprietary blends of nootropics, adaptogens and botanicals, Euphorics are the first real alternative, offering drinkers all of the bliss with none of the booze. Our products are experimental by nature; we are constantly tinkering, testing, and iterating on our product to deliver the best experience for our consumers. As a direct-to-consumer business, we are fortunate enough to get a lot of feedback from our customers that can be turned into actionable improvements on our product.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for purchasing raw materials for multiple locations using an existing supply chain as well as developing new ones
- Negotiate raw material pricing based on cost objectives, market conditions, and design and cost models.
- Identifies and champions cost reduction projects, including periodic updates for management
- Responsible for overseeing the supply chain function from purchase order to delivery, including inventory planning, order fulfillment, shipping and delivery.
- Building models to analyze cost benefit of different scenarios
- Participate in production meetings.
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy and metrics that includes detailed timing plans for supplier capacity and multi-source vendor qualification process.
- Manage effective communications with existing and potential suppliers to meet the established cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- Effectively directs the supply planning elements for new product introductions and change orders and coordinates the phase out of obsolete ingredients with the launch of new products.
- Works closely with production to ensure on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedules to identify and address any issues proactively.
- Develop and support margin improvement initiatives by developing strategies to address supply chain risk while delivering hard savings
- Sourcing of new materials and vendors in a quick and flexible manner.
- Manages supplier approval process.
- Manage ingredient specifications and certifications.
- Source with company “Goals” in mind (ABF, Clean-Label, Non-GMO).
- Minimum 2-4 years of purchasing and sourcing experience in the Food and Beverage Industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (verbal & written).
- 1+ years experience negotiating contract terms and conditions, and managing on-time deliveries
- Experience with Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) systems preferred
- Direct-to-consumer or CPG experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills to source the correct vendors
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters or MBA a plus
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel