About Kin Euphorics:
Kin believes in a night where social isn’t sinful and self-care doesn’t stop at sunset. It didn’t exist at the bar, so we turned to ancient remedy and modern alchemy to create euphorics: a non-alcoholic adult beverage made from nourishing nootropics, balancing adaptogens, and replenishing botanicals that open the mind, calm the body, and connect the spirit. The ingredients in our drinks help balance the body’s response to stress and refill our pleasure tanks for a blissful night ahead. As we move from a mode of depletion (feeling less) to a mode of rising (feeling more), we can connect with others well into the night.
What you’ll love about us:
We’re a team of passionate people who started as strangers and wound up a family, working together toward a mission about which we care deeply. Our group is collaborative and encouraging; we celebrate each other’s wins and learn from each other’s mistakes. As a multicultural team that embraces inclusion and diversity, we do not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression, or ability.
We are seeking an experienced supply chain manager who will help oversee and manage Kin’s overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize the process efficiency and productivity. In addition, they will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors.
This person will be responsible for analyzing data and processes, finding creative solutions, generating reports and presenting findings to Kin leadership and other departments, communicating with external suppliers and buyers, reviewing vendor contracts, and developing lasting relationships within and external to the Kin team.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for purchasing raw materials for multiple locations using an existing supply chain as well as developing new ones.
- Negotiate raw material pricing based on cost objectives, market conditions, and design and cost models.
- Identify and champion cost reduction projects, including periodic updates for management.
- Responsible for overseeing the supply chain function from purchase order to delivery, including inventory planning, order fulfillment, shipping and delivery.
- Building models to analyze cost benefit of different scenarios.
- Participate in production meetings.
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy and metrics that includes detailed timing plans for supplier capacity and multi-source vendor qualification process.
- Manage effective communications with existing and potential suppliers to meet the established cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- Effectively directs the supply planning elements for new product introductions and change orders and coordinates the phase out of obsolete ingredients with the launch of new products.
- Works closely with production to ensure on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedules to identify and address any issues proactively.
- Develop and support margin improvement initiatives by developing strategies to address supply chain risk while delivering hard savings
- Sourcing of new materials and vendors in a quick and flexible manner.
- Manages supplier approval process.
- Manage ingredient specifications and certifications.
- Source with company “Goals” in mind (ABF, Clean-Label, Non-GMO).
What you’ll bring to Kin:
- Minimum 2-4 years of purchasing and sourcing experience in the Food and Beverage Industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (verbal & written).
- 1+ years experience negotiating contract terms and conditions, and managing on-time deliveries
- Experience with Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) systems preferred
- Direct-to-consumer or CPG experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills to source the correct vendors
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters or MBA a plus
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Looking to be part of a mission-driven company fueling the next social movement
- Interested to explore the world of euphorics and sober curious living
- Of the believe that there is no limit to creativity
- Down to work in a demanding, deadline-driven start-up environment
- A multitasker with the ability to juggle several projects at once
- Excited to bring new ideas to a highly collaborative environment
- Seasoned in taking feedback gracefully and translating it into smart improvements and solutions
- A self-starter who can identify opportunities quickly