Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Database Administrator (DBA) will work in support of product development and enterprise data processes. The right person will have a solid product background and understand technical business models, databases, and data frameworks within a strategic SaaS environment and be keen to be part of a dynamic team. Working within a team focused environment, you will lead a team to articulate the needs of the user(s) with clear and concise database designs, maintenance and tuning. The DBA will play a critical role in ensuring that Kinduct is developing and deploying the highest quality products that exceed the needs of our dynamic customer base, within an environment of accountability and success.
- Tune database to optimize performance as workloads change through database design, index creation, database optimization and performance tuning;
- Trace degraded SQL performance, database outage and constructively implement fixes and monitor results;
- Collect and analyze database performance information;
- Identify and implement solutions for performance problems;
- Query optimization and tuning skills including cross database and cross server queries, analysis and troubleshooting interactions between databases, operating systems, and applications with regard to performance and resource usage;
- Install and configure server software and performing upgrades;
- Ensure high availability, backup and recovery of production databases;
- Perform these activities with minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge of Linux and managing Linux based production environments;
- Knowledgeable on DevOps architecture, tools and processes;
- Programming experience in Linux shell script to implement automation processes;
- Proven track record in SQL optimization and database high availability and disaster recovery configurations;
- Experience in performance tuning and optimization;
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models;
- Candidates with previous development and programming skills held at a premium;
- Proven ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical people;
- Ability to turn data requirements into exacting specifications within a secure, agile and delivery context
- Experience using agile methodologies to deliver products and technologies in a SaaS environment is a must.
- Take initiative with seeking out tasks, communication, and updating status;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure;
- Be willing to ask for assistance when roadblocks impede progress;
- Ability to define requirements and manage tasks with multiple deadlines under minimal supervision ;
- Display reliability, integrity and trustworthiness;
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new technologies during a product life cycle;
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Displays creative and innovative thinking;
- Acceptance of differences in team members and a strong commitment to teamwork, cooperation and healthy behaviours.
- 5+ years of DBA working experience with mainstream RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, Snowflake)
- 2+ years of DBA working experience with mainstream NOSQL systems (DynamoDB, Mongo, Big Query)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- DB Certification is a plus.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, and the opportunity to work with some of the most successful professional sport franchises in the world, then look no further. We at Kinduct are looking forward to hearing from you, and to welcoming you to our ever growing family of Kinducterdactyls!