Title: Data Engineer
Location: Local Halifax, NS Candidates Only
Compensation: Competitive Salary and Benefits Plan
Kinduct Technologies (www.kinduct.com) is a leading data and analytics software provider that is changing the way information shapes human performance. Kinduct's highly secure, cloud-based platform allows sports, health and wellness organizations to spend less time managing their data and more time using it to inform decisions, promote constant improvements and produce exceptional results. Kinduct is the software provider of choice for many world-leading professional and elite sports organizations across the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, and other professional and elite leagues. A number of Kinduct clients are world champions in their sport. Kinduct’s investors include Intel Capital, CFFI Ventures Inc., and Elysian Park Ventures.
A year in the life of a Kinducterdactyl (what sets us apart):
Flexible working hours in an innovative and exciting industry
Health and Wellness Allowance
Parking or Transit Stipend
Extra Holiday Days
Never less than 15 days of vacation, even in your first year
Ample paid sick days
Health, Dental, Vision and complementary health - shared benefits coverage
Located at beautiful Purdy’s Wharf with access to many convenient amenities
Two blow out company events per year
A games room with a pool table and ping pong gear
A collaboration and relation space with three TV’s to enjoy the latest game as you relax with your view of the harbour
Many “Fun Factory” planned ongoing initiatives to pump up the Fun Factor
A collaborative, diverse and team focused environment that supports your growth as a professional all while ensuring we laugh the way!
We are looking for experienced individuals with deep knowledge of SQL, Stream processing, Job Orchestration, Data Modelling, and Data Warehousing. Ideal candidates are self-motivated engineers with a passion for both business and technology innovation, more importantly they quickly adapt with changing technologies. We value people who are passionate about data quality and have an eye for improving data systems. We currently work with Python, Scala, AWS Kinesis, AWS Lambda, MySQL, and Snowflake. Your primary focus will be on developing easy to scale data pipelines, robust data models, and data warehouses while following data engineering best practices. You will 1.) ensure that these pipelines robust, easy to scale, and easy to maintain. 2.) Be part of the team building the different layers of the data infrastructure. 3) Have a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and code quality.
- Developing new ways to store and move data
- Building reusable data pipelines and transformation libraries for future use
- Translating data models and their access into high quality data stores
- Optimizing system components for maximum performance and scalability across a vast array of environment
- Commanding grasp of Python or Scala, SQL, and familiarity with newer cloud based data engineering tools
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Deep understanding of data Streaming and its core principles. Experience with Spark or Apache Beams is a plus
- Experience with modern data warehousing and analysis tools and technologies. Experience with Snowflake, BigQuery, and Tableau is a plus
- Demonstrated job profiling, troubleshooting and optimization experience.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authentication and authorization mechanisms such as OAuth, JWTs, etc.
- Familiarity with modern back-end CI/CD pipelines and tools such as SBT, Pipenv, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Take initiative with seeking out tasks, communication, and updating status;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure;
- Be willing to ask for assistance when roadblocks impede progress;
- Ability to define requirements and manage tasks with multiple deadlines under minimal supervision ;
- Display reliability, integrity and trustworthiness;
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new technologies during a product life cycle;
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Displays creative and innovative thinking;
- Acceptance of differences in team members and a strong commitment to teamwork, cooperation and healthy behaviours.
What Sets You Apart:
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product or infrastructure improvements
- Proactiveness, clear communicator of thoughts and ideas and fast learning
- Interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches many of the core systems at Kinduct
- Passionate about Data Governance
- Curious about new technology and tools
- Seek out others’ opinions to further yours
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, and the opportunity to work with some of the most successful professional sport franchises in the world, then look no further. We at Kinduct are looking forward to hearing from you, and to welcoming you to our ever growing family of Kinducterdactyls!