We are on a mission to transform fertility and family-building care, making it more accessible, intuitive, and empowering - for all. We leverage modern proprietary technology to deliver a superior experience, improved outcomes, and reduced pricing for patients and employers, and for all gender identities, races, and humans. Join our experienced team of rockstars from Stanford, Mercer, Oscar, Progyny, Mount Sinai, One Medical and Castlight to change healthcare forever.
As a Payroll Administrator at Kindbody, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. This is the first in-house payroll specific hire and you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of payroll and benefits administration and you will report to the Company's Controller with a dotted line to our Director of People Operations. You will play a critical role in the implementation of our in-house payroll and benefits and will work diligently to transition Kindbody off of its PEO. Additional roles and responsibilities are outlined below.
Location: NYC or Remote
- Review + run weekly and bi-weekly payroll for all employees (exempt and non-exempt) including any bonuses/commissions, off cycle payments, salary adjustments, and other payroll changes
- Maintain our HRIS by updating data from various sources including new hire data, employee changes, promotions, and terminations
- Ensure all bonuses and commissions are accurate and on-time for various departments and paid in accordance with relevant compensation plans
- Be the main point of contact for all payroll-related questions
- Work with People Operations and Finance to develop processes and ad hoc reporting requests
- Provide monthly analysis and report on people + payroll-related metrics
- Open new SUI and tax accounts as we open in new jurisdictions
- Assist with compliance by setting up new pay and compliance rules in our payroll system
- Work closely with our 401k provider to ensure proper compliance and reporting is completed in a timely manner
- Assist with Open Enrollment communication and rollout on an annual basis
- Assist Finance and People Operations with additional projects and responsibilities on an as-needed basis
What You Have
- A resourceful problem solving mindset
- Experience with ADP
- A team player with a “can do” attitude
- Exceptionally high level of attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse employee base
- Desire to learn, develop existing skill set, and take on more responsibility
- Understanding of US labor and payroll law, tax and compliance, federal and state regulations, and filing and compliance requirements
- Ability to maintain a high level of judgment and discretion in handling confidential information
- Covid-19 Vaccination (Kindbody’s policy is to require all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, unless a religious or medical accommodation is required).
Perks + Benefits:
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our employees, such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short Term + Long Term Disability options
- Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service)
- 401k Plans
- Equity Offering
- Two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Any candidate seeking employment at Kindbody will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.