We are on a mission to transform fertility and family-building care, making it more accessible, intuitive, and empowering - for all. We leverage modern proprietary technology to deliver a superior experience, improved outcomes, and reduced pricing for patients and employers, and for all gender identities, races, and humans. Join our experienced team of rockstars from Stanford, Mercer, Oscar, Progyny, Mount Sinai, One Medical and Castlight to change healthcare forever.
The Director of Facilities Maintenance is responsible for facilities maintenance, repairs, service, and small projects in a rapid growth team environment with existing and upcoming medical clinic facilities across the United States. Fast-paced, this position will act as the primary point of contact for all aspects of warranty, repair, and service related issues for current clinics, and establishing protocols for the maintenance and upkeep of existing clinics. This position will coordinate with a variety of stakeholders, business partners, and Kindbody management throughout multiple divisions of operations.
The Director of Facilities Maintenance is responsible for applying effective management techniques to ensure that all work meets Kindbody’s standards of on-time and on-budget, while ensuring coordination and communication across all internal stakeholders for onsite work and completion. Recommends and maintains a network of highly effective and competitive service contractors, and manages ongoing maintenance budgets to ensure successful and timely completion of any related service calls and proper commissioning.
This role is part of a larger coordinated department that fully integrates ongoing improvements with the design, construction, and planning teams to ensure program requirements are documented, options are developed, and the best solutions are executed. This role also holds responsibility for understanding key business drivers and developing both short and long-term service and maintenance related strategies based on sound financial and operational needs.
Location: This role is remote
- Responsible for developing and managing physical plant department and capital budgets
- Oversees the maintenance/repair of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems, electrical distribution systems, mechanical equipment, plumbing system, and all other core building systems as needed.
- Creates annual and long-range facilities maintenance plans and budgets.
- Responsible for tracking and measuring against annual budgets
- Manages repair and services process, ensuring sites are turned over to successfully in a timely manner and manages expectations with key stakeholders.
- Maintains effective, collaborative relationships, with network of competent service orientated vendors. Manage vendor relationships, providing regular formal and informal performance feedback.
- Negotiation of difficult matters (vendor claims / dispute resolution, budget variance meetings, etc.)
- Recommends short- and long-term strategies to achieve business objectives and company goals, ensuring congruence with overall department.
- Develop project scopes and design recommendations that ensure financial and operations objectives are met.
- Investigate and recommend cost saving alternatives to all current processes and establishes national platform for service call requests.
- Manage processing, tracking, and release of payments relative to all work performed, contracts and initiatives.
- Create reporting structure to ensure that local clinic team and necessary stakeholders are informed of repair work or service calls.
- Participate in punchlist site visit at Turnover with MEP Engineers and architectural firms.
- Establish protocol and commissioning of HVAC systems at Turnover
- Prepare and review maintenance manuals with local clinical teams
- Establish new maintenance contracts as needed- HVAC in particular.
- Perform any special or new work assignments as requested.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in a Facilities Maintenance management role overseeing rapid growth expansion and rollout for new clinics or retail store locations.
- Medical experience a plus
- Effective at presenting information and responding to questions and/or concerns from management, staff, regulatory agencies, and/or Executive Management Team.
- Strong leadership and people management skills required with good motivational and collaboration emphasis; communicates change effectively, overcomes resistance, and builds commitment.
- Organized and able to effectively manage multiple, diverse tasks and adhere to tight deadlines.
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Able to travel 30% - 50% or more in emergency situations.
Perks + Benefits:
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, and benefits.
Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- PTO and 11 Company Holidays
- Equity Options for Full time employees
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after a year of employment, and prorated coverage from 6 months to 12 months of service.
- Two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed
Kindbody provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.