Mental Health Therapist - Fertility - Per Diem
We are on a mission to transform fertility and family-building care, making it more accessible, intuitive, and empowering - for all. We leverage modern proprietary technology to deliver a superior experience, improved outcomes, and reduced pricing for patients and employers, and for all gender identities, races, and humans. Join our experienced team of rockstars from Stanford, Mercer, Oscar, Progyny, Mount Sinai, and One Medical to change healthcare forever.
As an experienced Per Diem Mental Health Therapist you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. KindBody is looking for empathic and dedicated mental health professionals who will be committed to the mission of making fertility care, including counseling services, approachable and accessible to a wide range of individuals and couples across the country. Our counselors must have a sensitivity to and knowledge of gender and cultural diversity differences, and be open minded and flexible in their approach.
Location: Remote (New York highly preferred)
- Provide compassionate care to assigned patients via phone and video meetings
- Evaluate gamete donors, surrogates and intended parents, familiarity with psychological testing instruments such as the MMPI or PAI. (**We will train this portion if needed)
- Document consultations and make recommendations about whether or not donors and surrogates are appropriate candidates.
- Counsel intended parents to share their child’s conception and birth story with the child, friends and family members
- Stay current with new and evolving practices in the reproductive medicine field
You’d be a great fit if you have:
- Ability to work at least six hours a week
- Interest in being part of a team of fertility counselors with whom to share knowledge, support and problem solve.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; both written & verbal
- Strong work ethic with a drive to succeed
- 2+ years experience providing care for patients undergoing fertility treatment
- Master’s degree in Mental health, social work, or psychology
- A license to practice independently in the state of New York including but not limited to a LCSW, LMFT, LPCC, or LMHC
Kindbody provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.