Kindbody is a new generation of health and fertility care. We provide fertility, gynecology, and wellness services in modern, tech-enabled clinics - delivering best-in-class clinical care, accessible pricing, and a seamless patient experience. We serve patients and employers in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and nationally online and through our partner clinics. Join our experienced team of rockstars from Stanford, Mt. Sinai, One Medical, Progyny, Flatiron Health, Google, and Goldman Sachs..
We are hiring a clinic team of all levels to ensure we create a top of the line patient experience from the moment they learn about Kindbody all the way through their visits in the office. Our clinic team is the face of our brand, and we rely on them to deliver excellence to our patients. We always do whatever it takes, even if it isn’t specifically our “job.”
As a Recovery Nurse, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism and collaboration. The hours will be determined based on availability and need. The Recovery Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care to preop and post op surgical patients. This includes both male and female patients undergoing surgical procedures such as TESA/MESA/PESA, Egg Retrieval, Hysteroscopy, D &C, and Embryo Transfers. The nurse must demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge in the care of surgery patients. Knowledge of infertility patient care is a plus.
This position reports to the Clinic Nurse Manager and takes direction from the physicians related to patient care needs. The nurse must function independently in the role, and seek assistance from the physicians, manager and team members as needed. Must be well organized, detailed oriented, self-motivated, possess great customer service skills, and excellent communication skills.
Surgical Nursing Responsibilities
- Pre op and post op assessment and care of post surgical patients.
- Patient assessment, collection and interpretation of pertinent data relevant to patient’s care.
- Proper and complete documentation of patient pre op assessments, any interventions, and patient’s post op recovery.
- Communication of any patient’s condition to physicians and other providers as appropriate.
- Discharge of patients with provider approval as condition dictates.
- Detail oriented approach to paperwork, ensuring it is signed, accurate and complete
- Ensure all consent forms are complete and signed including IVF retrieval consents
- Perform and document post- op calls with patients.
- Handle emergent situations calmly and efficiently, responding quickly and demonstrating knowledge of emergency procedures and equipment.
- We are looking for nurses to cover recovery procedures from 7am-1pm Monday-Sunday
Desired Skills and Experience
- Current RN license in the State of NY
- BLS and ACLS Certification
- Minimum of one year of previous experience related to operating room nursing and/or PACU, and or critical care experience required.
- Minimum of three years nursing experience in other Nursing roles.
- Experienced in EMR and G-Suite
- Strong phlebotomy skills
- Experience in and a passion for women’s health, fertility is a plus
- Strong communication skills & a team player
- Willingness to be flexible and roll with the punches
- Detail oriented
- Exemplifies strong customer service skills and professionalism
- Must be organized and possess knowledge and skills in nursing care of the surgery patient.
- Must possess a high level of independent judgment and accuracy.
- Must be able to communicate positively and professionally with all staff members and patients.
- Exhibit courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers. Display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.