We’re a community of healthcare providers, fertility specialists, and women who get it. We are on a mission to reinvent women’s healthcare services, starting with egg freezing and IVF. We believe it’s time for women to learn the facts about their fertility and make their own plan through best-in-class technology, operations, clinical service, and a modern branded experience. We are NYC-based and rapidly expanding nationally through acquisitions and de novo development. Join our experienced team of rockstars from Stanford, Mt. Sinai, One Medical, Progyny, Flatiron Health, Google, and Goldman Sachs.
As an experienced Medical Biller, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Biller to join our team in New York to support our clinic and operations team.
- Handle patient intake phone calls and email inquiries, review light clinical information, and review out of network insurance information with the patient
- Ensure timely follow up on all unpaid claims utilizing monthly aging reports
- Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments
- Research and resolve any discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections
- Set up patient payment plans and work collection accounts
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information
- Process claims and post payments.
- Process insurance payments, including balance billing to secondary insurance and/or directly to patients.
- Analyze rejected and outstanding claims, troubleshoot errors and rejection codes, and correct and re-submit all denied claims.
- Properly note system and maintain all documentation required for compliant claim submission.
- Prepare and process refund requests.
- Verify and post deposit amounts.
- Update patient accounts, including verification of insurance coverage and changes in patient information, with appropriate documentation.
- Prepare accounts for collections and work with outside collection agencies.
- Respond to a high volume of telephone inquiries in a positive and professional manner, resolve and follow up on all issues within designated timeframes.
- Meet positional metrics and benchmarks.
- Maintain the highest degree of ethics when handling patient payments and bill processing
- Follow all department standard operating procedures carefully and accurately
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
General Administrative Duties:
- Manage inbound customer communication (phone, email & chat) and ensure all messages are answered in a timely fashion
- Maintain clear communication with the clinics about overall clinic operations
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-3+ years of healthcare billing experience in a fast-paced, customer focused environment, Fertility clinic experience, a plus
- A passion for women’s health, fertility is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills & a team player
- Willingness to be flexible, roll with the punches, multi-task and troubleshoot problems
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Exemplifies amazing customer service skills and professionalism
- Experience in CPT and ICD-9 coding; familiarity with medical terminology
- Ability to manage relationships with various insurance payers
- Experience in filing claim appeals with insurance companies to ensure maximum entitled reimbursement.
- Certificate from an accredited medical and billing school.