Kindbody is a community of healthcare providers, fertility specialists, and women who get it. We are on a mission to reinvent women’s healthcare services, starting with egg freezing and IVF. We believe it’s time for women to learn the facts about their fertility and make their own plan through best-in-class technology, operations, clinical service, and a modern branded experience. We are NYC-based and rapidly expanding nationally through acquisitions and de novo development. Join our experienced team of rockstars from One Medical, Progyny, Flatiron Health, Oscar, Google, Exhale Spa, and SoulCycle.
We are hiring a clinic team of all levels to ensure we create a top of the line patient experience from the moment they learn about Kindbody all the way through their visits in the office. Our clinic team is the face of our brand, and we rely on them to deliver excellence to our patients. We always do whatever it takes, even if it isn’t specifically our “job.”
As an experienced IVF and Clinical Laboratory Director you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism and collaboration. Primary responsibility includes planning, organizing and directing the overall operation of the Laboratories as well as ensuring that services are of the best quality, are cost contained and are carried out in an expeditious manner. The hours will be determined based on availability and need, with occasional weekend and holiday shifts.
- Work with Clinic Operations on planning, organizing and directing laboratory operations and ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Perform Laboratory services in accordance with Laboratory policies and practices as set forth in the Operating Safety, and Quality Management Guidelines
- Supervise Laboratory personnel in performing Laboratory services in accordance with Federal, State and Local laws and guidelines to ensure Laboratory maintains accreditation
- Supervise maintenance of Laboratory operations in conformity with OSHA and CLIA ‘88 regulations
- Cooperate in planning programs and safety and preparedness for fire and disaster
- Supervise all activities related to IVF, Andrology, and Endocrinology testing
- Supervise cryopreservation program
- Make daily rounds in Laboratory to judge effectiveness of operation, utilization of personnel and supplies, and general ethical and professional atmosphere.
- Participate in Laboratory quality assurance and quality control programs
- Participate as required in appropriate proficiency testing programs to monitor laboratory practice outcomes and to measure on a recurrent and regular basis that such outcomes meet or exceed industry and clinic standards of practice
- Initiate, interpret and enforce Laboratory Services procedures and maintain and interpret clinic policies and procedures
- Perform such duties as required to maintain laboratory readiness for inspection and review by appropriate regulatory agencies
- Assist as required in the development and implementation of new laboratory services
- Skilled in techniques involving the use of laser for assisted hatching, embryo biopsy and culturing embryos to the blastocyst stage
- Secure and maintain the physical facilities, equipment and supplies which are required to carry out effective patient care and create an optimum physical environment
- Initiate and actuate improved methods of services and direct their implementation
- Prepare department budgets for personnel, operating expenses and capital equipment
- Responsible for the fiscal operations of the department
- Responsible for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of performance improvement
Team and Patient Management:
- Communicate appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and administration.
- Interact professionally with patient
- Consult other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities
- Establish and maintain standards of performance and ensures competency and appropriate licensure of personnel
- Direct and participate in the human resource management function for the department by coordinating the selection, promotion, orientation and performance appraisal processes.
- Coordinate the department’s in-service training
- Communicate administrative directive to department personnel
- Promote effective interdepartmental relationships
- Provide feedback to HQ on process improvement and job specifications to help gain efficiencies in your day to day
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Biology, or Chemistry.
- PhD in a scientific or relevant field, PhD in embryology or developmental biology preferred.
- Certified as a High Complexity Laboratory Director (H.C.L.D.) with additional licensure as required by state or local laws or regulations.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in directing a large in vitro fertilization laboratory, including budgeting, planning, and establishing laboratory protocols.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of and skill in all embryology procedures, such as ICSI, oocyte retrievals, cryopreservation and embryo culture.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required as well as the ability to deal appropriately with ethical and human sexuality issues.
Kindbody provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.