We are on a mission to transform fertility and family-building care, making it more accessible, intuitive, and empowering - for all. We leverage modern proprietary technology to deliver a superior experience, improved outcomes, and reduced pricing for patients and employers, and for all gender identities, races, and humans. Join our experienced team of rockstars from Stanford, Mercer, Oscar, Progyny, Mount Sinai, One Medical and Castlight to change healthcare forever.
We are hiring software engineers to maintain and enhance our proprietary EMR and patient portal web app. Our technology enables Kindbody to deliver the best-in-class clinical care and high quality patient experience that makes us different.
Note: This position is remote; candidates must be US-based but any geography will be considered.
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails
- Vue.js: integrated within our full stack Rails apps to improve our user experience
- React, TypeScript, React Native
- GraphQL, Apollio
- Sidekiq, Redis: queueing and scheduled jobs, caching
- Rspec, Rubocop: testing and code quality
- Work on back end and front end code to maintain and enhance the application
- Be tasked with a broad spectrum of work ranging from traditional feature development to performance improvements, to third party integrations, to experimenting with new technologies to address challenging healthcare problems.
- Write Ruby code to build external-facing RESTful APIs and internal GraphQL APIs.
- Work with product designs to create modern, responsive new features.
- Partner with product management, operations, and support to address ongoing product issues and enhancements.
- Collaborate with lead engineers to establish architecture foundation to scale our products
- Create internal tools to enable the business to manage our products.
- Collaborate with BI / reporting team to build data platforms for analytics purposes.
- Participate in security audit and improvements
Attributes / Personal Skill
- Own it. Take technical responsibility for a family of systems - be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement to keep our production systems scaling and performing fast
- Speak up! Contribute to the conversation concerning sprints and deliverables
- Get involved. Design and architect systems that can span multiple teams and/or products
- Be thoughtful. Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to build useful, relevant, dependable solutions
- Think critically. Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for our patients and internal stakeholders
- Ability to dive in, go with the flow, prioritize, and support the needs of a rapidly growing startup!
- Be curious! Actively contribute to the adoption of strong architecture, best practices, and new technologies
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of developing code in Ruby on Rails and tests in Rspec
- Experience building production APIs in REST or GraphQL (or both!)
- Familiarity with JIRA and Github
- Experience with relational databases & SQL queries, e.g. Postgres
- Familiarity with React is a plus
- Empathy and patience providing support to all levels of tech literacy
- Experience building HIPAA-compliant software preferred
Kindbody provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, and benefits.
Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- PTO and 11 Company Holidays
- Equity Options for Full time employees
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after a year of employment, and prorated coverage from 6 months to 12 months of service.
- Two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training