About Kin + Carta Create (Europe):
At Kin + Carta Create we believe growth is built, not theorised. We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences customers will love and technologies businesses will thrive on.
Our approach is simple: Accelerate idea-to-value by striking the ideal balance of human-centred design, Agile engineering and the realities of affecting change at scale. Including new product development, service design and cloud modernisation, we take a hands-on approach to transforming our clients’ business. We’re headquartered in London and have delivery offices in Chicago, New York, Edinburgh, Amsterdam and Buenos Aires.
The Android Engineer role in a nutshell:
As a mid-level Android Engineer, you will become a master of your craft working on products for some of the world’s biggest brands, such as Tesco, RBS, Shell and Ford. You will actively contribute to a project’s engineering activities from kickoff through to delivery. You will be supported in contributing to K+C Create’s Engineering culture and learn how to mentor less experienced teammates.
You will be guided in taking ownership of your work, making you integral to your project’s success and setting you up to lead the Android development within a project team.
What you can expect:
- You’ll join our growing team of 15+ Android engineers who all share your passion for building great apps.
- You’ll benefit from knowledge sharing sessions across the business, such as the Android team’s weekly meeting.
- You’ll build market-leading products, typically within a team of 2-3 other Android engineers.
- You’ll help shape your product’s roadmap by taking part in all aspects of project planning and delivery.
- You’ll contribute to our continued growth by helping identify and interview great new teammates.
The type of person we would love to meet:
- You are a passionate, self-motivated engineer who builds Android apps with Kotlin and/or Java.
- You will bring valuable experience on topics such as UI, concurrency, persistence and architectural approaches (MVP, MVVM, Clean Architecture, etc.)
- You are excited about the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
- You seek opportunities to share your knowledge and experience with others.
- You are committed to writing high quality, testable code.
- You enjoy collaborating as an Agile team.
- You are comfortable reviewing other people’s work and suggesting improvements.
- You are eager to contribute to K+C Create’s Engineering culture and take advantage of what’s on offer.
Kin + Carta Create believes in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is just a part of who we are. We empower every individual to share what matters to them, subsequently creating a culture where every person, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status, is treated as a valued member of K + C!