Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation company. We believe technology can make the world work better, and we exist to make that happen. By bringing together industry-leading strategists, designers, and technologists, we enable our clients to shape, validate and execute their digital strategy. We partner with brands inc. Visa, Ford, Unilever, Tesco and RBS, to ensure the products we build have the widest impact.
The Demand Team
The Demand Team exists to find the right work to fuel K+C’s growth. We develop consultative, peer-level relationships with our clients and prospects. We communicate our vision and services with accuracy, energy, and conviction. We generate, find, nurture and win the kind of work that aligns with our mission to “make the world work better”.
You’ll join a highly motivated and supportive team. We are diverse but close-knit. We’re accountable for demand generation and account growth and work closely with our marketing and partnerships teams. Whilst we are driven and hardworking, we are also a fun, outgoing team who offer support to one another and the broader company.
The role in a nutshell
K+C has a long track record of building exceptional public sector products. We designed and developed The Weather App for the Met Office, used by millions of people. We helped TfL prioritise and execute a complex mobility programme, including the development of an iPad app to test the brakes on a tube-train!
The Covid-19 crisis has encouraged us to double down on our public sector ambitions. We feel that our focus on exceptional product design and development, and cutting edge tech modernisation, will be required as the government rapidly goes digital. We’re looking for somebody to realise this ambition. Somebody that will build and close a pipeline of new business in the Public Sector.
This role doesn’t exist in a vacuum. You’ll benefit from the support of a cross-functional sales team of twenty, covering new biz, client growth, and lead gen, and working closely with marketing and partnerships. We’re looking for somebody that can orchestrate these channels and teammates to consistently drive growth in the public sector, and help others do the same.
Whilst this is absolutely a commercial role, K+C is a digital transformation company. Candidates with a solid understanding of digital technology, design and delivery are highly desirable, particularly those with a background as a practitioner.
As Head of Public Sector, you have…
- An informed perspective on the best approach to win business in the public sector and the influence and coaching skills to help others meet those standards.
- An existing, senior network across central government which you can leverage to create and close new opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation, persuasion, closing, and the ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams.
- A track record of personally sourcing £2m+ strategy, design and build contracts.
- Crafted effective strategies and business cases with clients and customers for technology and design investments.
- Experience working extensively with/in the Public Sector.
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-moving environment.
- Possess a high level of integrity even when faced with adversity.
- Naturally command attention, and can use this to build trust and energy.
- Are a strong problem solver.
- Are motivated by winning new work and growing the business.
- Demonstrate servant leadership.
- Think strategically, but are able to execute in complex environments.
- Are highly effective at sales without being “sales-y”.