At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Software Test Developer, Algorithms, Quality
Location: Ottawa-Hybrid; Other Canadian Locations-Remote
Full-time permanent role
About the team
The Business Algorithms team at Kinaxis creates customized solutions to optimize supply chains. Ever wonder how the hundreds of parts in your new smart phone come together from different suppliers all over the world? Kinaxis solves problems like that every day.
Our customers have terabytes of data that needs to be analyzed for the largest supply chains imaginable. Our algorithms move the global economy-- in seconds, not hours, or days.
It’s Big Data with an impact; Data Science on the front lines.
The Algorithms team works in a dynamic environment where real world supply chain challenges are being translated into complex algorithms that are analyzed, coded, tested and released to world-wide known manufactures. Developers, Data Scientists, and Test professionals are working together to achieve high quality solutions, develop Next Generation frameworks to address testing complexity, and interact with Product Managers and customers continuously. We believe in the DevOps culture – we serve our own tools, frameworks, infrastructure. Automation is certainly at the top of our priority list. Continuously striving to improve how we work by incorporating development and testing best practices and high-tech techniques and tools.
Who you are
- You thrive on delivering a quality product to customers and care deeply about testing best practices and efficient test strategies.
- You enjoy solving complex problems and working with Big Data.
- You are driven by customer success, love to participate in customer-facing projects.
- You prefer a fast-paced agile work environment and take pride in finding product defects.
- You approach testing with creative ideas and innovative techniques.
- You collaborate with Software Developers and Product Managers, and your passion is to identify and solve product gaps.
- You’re a strong believer in Continuous Integration, and the DevOps mindset
- You communicate fluidly, at the level of your audience, and seek to understand and be understood.
- You like working in teams, mentoring, and sharing neat things you come across.
What you will do
- Analyze requirements, new algorithms, and test development activities
- Develop and execute test strategies and plans.
- Design, develop, and support automated tests and corresponding infrastructure enhancements
- Analyze test results, report bugs, and investigate root causes
- Learn Supply Chain business challenges and contribute to testing relevant Use Cases / Business Processes.
- Participate in requirements elaboration and review product specifications.
- Translate requirements into Test Strategies and Test Cases
- Interact with Rapid Response customers directly and indirectly through Product Managers.
- Improve processes and efficiency of the team, always look for opportunities to strengthen the team.
- Participate in supporting internal tools and evolution to next generation.
- Share your knowledge and mentor less experienced team members.
- Be part of the amazing, collaborative, and supportive Business Algorithms Team that is practicing Agile where testers and developers share the same objectives.
What we are looking for
- 4+ years of experience in software test development, Quality Assurance (QA), and automation functions.
- A degree in engineering and/or applied science.
- Strong programming and scripting languages experience (i.e. Python, C#, .Net).
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills and experience working with complex data
- Proficiency in requirements elaboration and test plans creation.
- The ability to ‘think outside of the box’ is crucial in this fast-paced environment
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities
- Self-starter with strong initiative and results orientation
- Exposure to manufacturing/fulfillment/BI/Workforce Management/financial business requirements/practices.
- Knowledge of C++/Java
- Familiarity with Jenkins CI/CD and release pipelines.
- Knowledge and experience in relational database design and usage.
- Experience working in agile development environment.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.