At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Job location: our office in Ottawa, Canada. We work in a hybrid model, therefore you will be expected to be in our office 3-days per week. If you are based in Toronto or Montreal you will have an option to work fully remote.
About the team
As a member of the Finance team reporting to the Senior Manager of Financial Operations, the Manager, Revenue will oversee revenue operations for Kinaxis. This is an exciting opportunity to partner with your colleagues and scale contracts and revenue management capabilities in a high-growth, multi-entity, and global business. Key responsibilities will include contracts and order management, software subscription revenue recognition and services project accounting.
You will partner with stakeholders in Finance and across other areas including Sales, Services, Legal and Product Management. As Revenue Manager, you will help establish policies, implement compliant processes and systems for efficiency and accurate recording of revenue.
What you will do
- Lead the team responsible for the order to revenue cycle including software subscription contract and order management and professional services project accounting.
- Review and approve sales orders, contract accounting and related revenue recognition schedules for subscription contracts ensuring application of revenue recognition guidance under IFRS 15.
- Ensure services revenue is accurate and contracts are fulfilled as per supporting statements of work.
- Support resolution of contract issues including providing support to the billing team as required.
- Support period-end financial close requirements including account balancing and reconciliation.
- Review and help drive improvements in sales, service and revenue processes. Develop and support policies, procedures, and controls.
- Support internal controls, external audit and SOX compliance and reporting for order to revenue processes.
- Maintain integrity and accuracy in financial transactions and reports.
- Manage staff performance and provide opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Effectively work with colleagues across Finance and other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with special project assignments, ad-hoc analysis as required.
What we are looking for
- Post-secondary degree in finance, accounting, or related field, accounting designation an asset.
- 5+ years of experience in finance or accounting, with experience leading teams.
- Experience in application of IFRS 15, ASC 606 revenue recognition principles
- Experience in a multi-entity global environment, high-tech industry experience an asset.
- Experience with ERP and project accounting systems, Netsuite, Kantata and Salesforce an asset.
- Strong business acumen with knowledge of financial markets.
- Excellent communication skills, including being able to clearly communicate financial information to colleagues and stakeholders, and work collaboratively with integrity.
- Ability to work during off hours in different time zones as required to accommodate global atmosphere
- Skilled in Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Able to manage multiple and dynamic priorities and deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.