At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Job location: This is a remote position. You can work from your home office and be located anywhere in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, France or Germany.
What you will do
The Technical Business Consulting role is one half of a two-part Pre-Sales consulting organization. A typical sales cycle includes several demonstrations of product functionality. These are performed by the Functional Business Consultants. Technical Business Consultants work alongside their functional counterparts to support the conversations especially once the prospects’ IT teams are involved. In this role, you will:
- Serve as the technical SME for sales engagements. This includes areas such as:
- Product Technical Differentiation
- Enterprise and Cloud Architecture
- Security Roles
- Administrative Tasks
- Automation & Scripting
- Bi-directional integration with common ERPs
- Provide proof of concept for prospects with technical support and expertise
- Maintain a virtualized server environment for hosting demos for the Global sales organization
- Engage as RFPs are received, including formulating questions, engaging on discovery, answering non-standard questions, and engaging with other teams (Security & Compliance, for example) to complete
- Continuously improve messaging and content via new presentation materials and videos
- Travel occasionally (20%) as sales engagements require, as well as corporate and industry events.
What we are looking for
The Technical Business Consultant has a unique blend of technical skills and interpersonal skills. RapidResponse is the most powerful Supply Chain Planning software on the planet, and it’s powered by unparalleled technologies that can take some time for our prospects to understand. We need someone who has the following:
- Enterprise Architecture: Ability to articulate DB concepts (graph, relational, columnar, etc.), communication protocols, UI constructs, compute types (elastic, serverless, containerized, etc.), firewalls, virtualization, storage clusters, data integrity, etc.
- Cloud Architecture: Ability to articulate the differences between Private, Public, and Hybrid clouds, and cloud technologies such as Spark, Hive, Argo, Kubernetes, Kafka, Databricks, Snowflake, Salesforce, S3, Power BI, etc. Also overall strategies such as regional deployments, DR, replication, HA, etc.
- Database Architecture: General understanding of database design, normalized models, SQL, relationships, etc.
- Communication Skills: Ability to take technical information and articulate it at the appropriate level of detail for IT project teams through the C-suite in a compelling way
- Time Management: Comfortable managing multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and ensure Kinaxis always delivers
- Familiarity with ETL concepts both generic (Informatica, TIBCO, Talend, etc.) and ERP-specific (SAP Integration Suite, etc.)
- Ability to take technical information and articulate it at the appropriate level of detail for IT
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.