At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
R&D Support Developer
Job location: Chennai, India
About The Team
Our customers deal with complex problems in demanding environments and rely on Kinaxis to provide top-of-the-line support. This is where our R&D Support Developers come into play, helping to maintain and enhance our world-class supply chain optimization software.
As a member of the R&D Support Team under the Product Operations Group, you will join a highly motivated team in solving complex customer problems. You should be able to read and write code and enjoy improving and fixing existing software. You will work very closely with both our core development teams and our customer support organization in a fast-paced environment. You will use cutting-edge troubleshooting techniques to ensure customers' installations run smoothly. If you have a positive attitude and enjoy a variety of work, then this is the place for you.
What you will do
- Design solutions to solve complex customer problems.
- Balance troubleshooting in a variety of configurations to deliver quality solutions.
- Participate in a fast-paced work environment to continually deliver on customer expectations.
- Engage with our global customer support organization to help improve product quality.
- Shape the reliability and agility of our R&D support organization.
Technologies we use
- Rapid Response’s market-leading in-memory data server technology
- Visual Studio, JIRA, Confluence, Git
- Sophisticated internal testing tools to validate correctness and performance
- Virtual and cloud infrastructure for development, support, and testing
What we are looking for
- A love of problem-solving in real-world situations
- Strong background in C++; you should know the tricks, the pitfalls, the best practices
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced interrupt-driven environment.
- Excellent communication and teaming skills
- Experience working in multi-threaded environments on Windows
- Understanding of software at the system level
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science (or related) and 7-11 years development or software support experience
Things that would help
- Experience in:
- Analytics or iterative algorithms
- Optimization algorithms or statistical packages
- Background in, or understanding of, supply chain management
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.