At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Account Executive, Japan
Job location: Tokyo, Japan
What you’ll do
- Growing revenue and new named accounts in Japan.
- Understanding the prospects’ and customers’ critical business issues and strategic initiatives and linking Kinaxis solutions to ensure achievement in these key areas.
- Establishing and maintaining high-level, executive contact with New Named Accounts, focusing on the establishment and maintenance of strategic relationships (direct and reseller).
- Qualifying prospects according to Kinaxis’ capabilities and applicability.
- Managing the execution of Kinaxis’ sales process and leveraging appropriate Kinaxis resources to secure license subscription bookings.
- Providing accurate sales forecasts based upon realistic close timelines.
- Communicating product improvements and recommendations that originate in the field
- Utilizing Kinaxis’ sales force automation tool to track all opportunities and prospect/customer related information.
What we are looking for
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience in selling strategic , enterprise level mission critical solutions (SCM, ERP, BI)
- Sales experience in High Tech Electronics, Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Automotive and similar manufacturing oriented industries
- Aggressive, highly motivated hunter who has achieved or exceeded sales quota through sales in new or emerging markets or sales of “Best of Breed” technologies.
- Demonstrated track record of closing New Named Accounts in the past 2 years
- Experience working in different Japan markets and geographies
- Experience working within a North American based company a definite asset
- Ability to penetrate and sell to executive level decision makers
- Ability to sell to multiple constituencies within an organization (Manufacturing Operations, Demand Management, Finance, IT)
- Consultative, value-proposition/business case driven sales methodology experience.
- Must be an articulate, persuasive and passionate communicator
- Ability to work and act independently and be pro-active
- Able to travel up to 75%
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.