At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Regional HR Specialist, APAC
Job location: This is a remote position. You can work from home and be located anywhere in Japan
About the team
Our Global HR team strives to create an environment in which all employees can thrive and do their best work. We are looking for a Regional HR Specialist, APAC to join the team and provide local employee and people manager HR support across Japan, Korea, Singapore, Hongkong and future APAC locations to ensure delivery of the desired employee experience and to sustain employee engagement and retention. The incumbent is responsible for the implementation and administration of policies and HR programs within their geographical area in partnership with other HR sub-functions, and in alignment with the global HR strategy. In addition, the incumbent works with HR Business Partnering and HR Centre of Expertise colleagues on needs assessment, piloting/testing and implementation of enterprise-wide programs and practices within their geographical area. Where critical to achieve portfolio-based needs, the incumbent will work with the Employee Relations and Manager Support, HRBPs and HR Centres of Expertise to facilitate adjustments to enterprise-wide programs.
What you will do
- Implement and ensure alignment of global HR policies locally, and liaise with local legal counsel to ensure the inclusion of country-specific regulations and compliance requirements
- Provide region-specific insight to HR Centres of Expertise during needs assessment and development of global HR programs to ensure local nuances are considered
- Implement global HR programs locally and ensure delivery of superior employee experience throughout the employee life cycle while ensuring alignment with global HR strategy
- Provide local HR support and coaching to managers on employee relations issues, global and local policies, and HR processes, sharing trends and escalating issues as required to HR Business Partners
- Partner with members of the Talent Acquisition team to provide country-specific guidance and to assist with candidate questions and experience
- Work with Talent Acquisition team to acquire talent to support the business including conducting interviews, engaging agencies, attending events, and partnering with hiring managers as needed
- Provide expertise and advice within HR relating to employment legislation and employment practices
- Address and resolve region-specific enquiries and issues escalated from HR Services Hub
- Extend local language support and coordination for integrating the needs of all HR projects
- Provide region-specific input for the development of global policies, processes and HR Knowledgebase content
- Partner with regional stakeholders to drive employee engagement initiatives for the region
- Provide local support for global talent programs such as learning and development, employee performance, rewards and recognition, employee research, career pathing in partnership with the HR Centres of Expertise and HR Business Partnering
- Partner with global onboarding team to support new employee administration and orientation
- Analyze feedback from exit interviews in geographical area for trends and risk mitigation, and share insight with HR Business Partners and other relevant stakeholder groups
- Collaborate with Total Rewards team to support the ongoing design and development of total rewards programs and practices relevant to geographical area
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience in progressive regional HR generalist/ specialist roles
- 2+ years of experience working in a global, multi-functional context - ability to balance global and local requirements (preferred)
- Strong communication skills with bilingual fluency in Japanese and English
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to use sound judgement to drive complex issues to resolution and influence to achieve result in an agile environment
- Experience in independently managing employee relations and people operations
- Strong relationship-building and influencing skills and the ability to prioritize business needs
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Ability to make decisions on day-to-day activities and escalate timely
- Collaborative approach and ability to partner cross-functionally across various departments
- Ability to work in an agile, dynamic, rapid-changing environment by prioritizing situations which require sense of urgency
- Embodies a “company first” mentality, and acts as an ambassador to Kinaxis culture and values
- Previous talent acquisition experience is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, or related field, or combination of relevant work experience and education preferred
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.