At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Network Security Architect
Job location: Canada
About the role
The Network Security Architect is responsible for designing, integrating and implementing security services such as, Network Policy Management, Proxies, Firewalls(Host and Network), WAF and DDOS. This role will also have direct involvement in the creation and maintenance of Company-wide information security strategies.
You will work closely with the cross functional teams within Kinaxis such as Corporate IT, Cloud Services, Product Development, and technology partners to include security best practices from the initiation stage through ongoing operations.
This role will report directly to the Director, Information Security, and is a member of the Security, Risk & Compliance (SRC) team. The SRC team is responsible for all security related matters for Kinaxis Corporate Systems and Kinaxis’ Software-as-a-Service offering
What you will do
- Serve as an expert advisor to SRC management in the development, implementation and maintenance of company-wide information security infrastructures that ensures best practices control objectives are achieved for system integrity, availability, confidentiality, accountability and assurance within the context of the Company's risk tolerances as set by its Executive Team for both cloud and on premise environments;
- Identify and implement improvements to the network security policies and procedures and affiliated technologies, in order to manage and mitigate key security risks;
- Design, implement and manage security technologies;
- Design and collaborate with other architects to deliver a zero-trust endpoint security program;
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure information risks are properly considered and that all compliance matters are being adhered to;
- Develop comprehensive network security reference diagrams;
- Monitor information security trends related to expertise area and evolving technologies and keep SRC management informed about related information security issues and implications for the Company;
- Understand potential and emerging information security threats and vulnerabilities and communicate this information to appropriate team members throughout the Company on a timely basis;
- Support sales related inquiries;
- Participate in the Security Incident Response procedures.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or relevant work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT Operations, IT Security, IT Audit or related area
- CISSP, CCNA Security, Comptia Security +, CISM, or GIAC certifications preferred.
- Industry certifications from Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, AlgoSec, Akamai or others;
- Strong technical skills relevant to Information Security such as secure coding standards, ethical hacking techniques, security operations, cloud security architecture, SEIM, operating system security, vulnerability and threat management
- Strong knowledge and deep understanding of complex network security principles / network concepts such as (gateway, http proxy, vlans, dmz, VPN, firewalls, SSL)
- Strong knowledge and skill across operating systems such as (Windows, Linux, VMWare)
- Experience with public cloud connectivity, DDOS mitigation, CDN, SD-WAN, CASB and Cloud-Based Web Proxy;
- Experience with endpoint host based protection technologies
- Scripting knowledge preferred (e.g., VB, PowerShell, Python, Java, Perl)
- Familiarity with Information Security industry standards/best practices and relevant regulations (e.g., SSAE16, SOC 2, PCI DSS, HIPAA, GLBA, FISMA, NIST, ISO27000, CobiT, ISF, OWASP, SANS)
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Successful candidate must be able to fulfill all security and confidentiality thresholds for this position (CGRP, etc.)
Things That Would Definitely Help
- CISSP, CCNA Security, Comptia Security +, CISM, or GIAC certifications preferred
If you want to be part a team that challenges you, moves fast, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.