At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Director, Public & Analyst Relations
Job location: This position can be remote within North America; or office based in Ottawa, Toronto or Dallas
About the team
Kinaxis is looking for a Director, PR & AR to join the Marketing leadership team. Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, this role is responsible for managing the company’s external reputation and brand communications strategy as well as developing the executing media and analyst relations plans. We are seeking a strategic self-starter who can work cross-functionally in a deadline-oriented environment. The role will serve as the key two-way liaison for media, PR agencies, and industry analysts with Kinaxis to maximize exposure, value and engagement across these channels. You will lead proactive analyst outreach to enhance the Kinaxis reputation, executing personalized analyst engagement plans and promote the breadth and depth of Kinaxis solutions. The role also oversees development of PR content, media relationships, speaking opportunities, awards and communications programs. The job requires exceptional writing, editing and project management skills. This role will engage across all areas of the company, including senior executives, and especially with Investor Relations.
An inspiring and empowering people leader, the Director, Public & Analyst Relations will lead a growing team, providing coaching and guidance and driving exceptional performance.
What you will do
- Develop and lead the execution of an annual Analyst & Public Relations strategic plan and key metrics, aligned to corporate objectives and strategy
- Manage PR agency relationships, driving direction, ensuring alignment, and tracking deliverables and bring the media’s perspective to our team and challenge them to create compelling content
- Manage relationships with multiple industry analyst organizations and their key analysts and coordinate participation in key analyst reports and analysis
- Build and maintain positive relationships with media and industry partners in key markets
- Develop and maintain key media relationships
- Write, edit, and distribute press releases and other external facing content; provide guidance on copy and content to stakeholders, and ensure brand consistency
- Field and respond to all media requests; evaluate speaking opportunities and prepare speakers, content and scripts for external interviews and communications
- Submit Kinaxis and customers for various company and industry awards
- Partner with other stakeholders within Marketing and across Kinaxis to increase awareness among media, influencers, investors, candidates, and general public of Kinaxis offering
- Report performance against strategic objectives and key metrics to executive audience, proactively pivoting as required based on industry trends and business need
- Maintain Analyst & Public Relations annual budgets, ensuring adequate budget for key initiatives and executing within budgetary parameters
- Manage complex, short notice external communication challenges and initiatives
What we are looking for
- 10+ years of progressive Public Relations, Corporate Communications and/or Marketing experience and history of managing industry analysts such as Gartner, IDC, Forrester, etc., preferably in a fast-paced, high tech environment; B2B experience is a must
- BA/BS in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience leading a team; exceptional coach and mentor
- A leader who is both able to drive strategy and get tactical when needed to get the job done
- Capable of handling confidential information with the utmost professionalism and discretion
- Exceptional ability to collaborate with senior leaders and cross-functional partners; a proven influencer
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; you know how to tell a compelling story
- Ability to lead cross functional teams, organized and accountable for follow through
- Unsurpassed planning and project management skills
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.