At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Cloud Systems Architect
Job location: This is a remote position in Canada
This position requires participation in occasional on-call shifts and to travel from time to time.
About the team
The Cloud Services Team provides a secure, stable, and scalable platform for Kinaxis' hosted services. We are responsible for ensuring service performance and availability to our customers globally, 7x24x365. We architect, maintain, and operate our unique infrastructure across both private and public cloud platforms. We also provide APIs, tools, services, knowledge, and support for the Product Development, Sales, and Professional Services organizations and across teams within the Global Customer Care.
What you will do
- You will act as a technical expert to design and implement the hybrid cloud computing environments required to support our planning and digital supply chain solutions.
- Responsible to provide mentorship to other technical resources and assist the management team in establishing learning and development plans.
- Responsibilities include architecture, implementation, scale-out operational planning, solutions availability, application of security policies, and governance framework.
- Act as a technical expert within the Cloud Services.
- Train and mentor Cloud Services and R&D team members on new technologies introduced.
- Guide Kinaxis’ Cloud Services leadership through major technological changes.
- Take ownership of complex issues to ensure their timely resolution.
- Provide subject matter expertise on public cloud platforms (Azure, GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Design and develop orchestration tools for systems solutions to enable efficient deployment and management of our SaaS offering at scale.
- Build and maintain administration guides and process documents.
- Ensure availability, reliability, security, and scalability of different environments (Production, Lab, etc.) to meet business requirements.
- Integrate cloud platform management to Kinaxis automation/orchestration framework
- Design solutions that support and enable Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan objectives.
- Provide timely status updates to Senior Management
- Work in close collaboration with Kinaxis’ R&D group
- Accountable for ensuring the design of the solution of all Cloud Systems deployment meets the appropriate security, capacity, and availability requirements.
- Must adhere to all security and confidentiality requests for this position.
What we are looking for
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in IT, including 5 with a SaaS/Hosting organization
- Minimum 3 years of experience with public cloud platforms (Azure, Google, AWS)
- Minimum 5 years of experience with large scale systems deployment
- Experience with systems deployment automation solutions (Windows/Linux)
- Experience with administrating Kubernetes platforms in a hybrid cloud solution
- Experience with network technologies (firewall, switches, router, load balancers)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform, Ansible, Packer)
- Experience with backend and API development (Python, Java, Go, etc.)
- Familiarity with Information Security and Governance industry standards/best practices and relevant regulations (e.g., SSAE16, ISO27000)
- Cloud certifications would be considered an asset
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Must have proven ability to realign technical priorities rapidly to meet evolving business requirements
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.