At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Job location: our office in Ottawa, Canada
About the team
The Facilities Administrator provides administrative support to the Facility Manager as required to efficiently maintain daily operations of the commercial building. The role is responsible for managing service desk requests along with a variety of other in-house facility and customer related activities. The Facility Administrator assists with internal customer support, financial activities, vendor oversight, purchasing of materials, equipment & supplies, workplace services, shipping/receiving, event planning, and reception desk. The role also provides administrative support as required to effectively deliver other real estate and facility services.
What you will do
- Reviews, assigns and responds to daily service requests and emergency situations as required
- Provides support to the FM and maintenance team on the raising and closing of reactive, Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and scheduled service requests within the service portal
- Serve as main Facilities contact when Facilities Manager is absent and act as first point of contact for after hour calls
- Sourcing and overseeing service providers in areas such as catering, cleaning, parking, security, furniture, maintenance & repair and technology
- Attends team meetings and provides administrative support (PO’s, invoices, budgets management, meeting minutes, file management, scheduling, etc.) and assist Facility Manager in day-to-day operations
- Identifies maintenance and housekeeping issues and proactively seeks resolution.
- Assist with the coordination of employee/office moves, which includes assisting staff in setting up workstations
- Supports FM in ensuring that facilities meet compliance standards and government regulations
- Actively participates in Health & Safety Committee Meetings, Building Emergency Organization (BEO)
- Coordinates and monitors the recycling program and makes recommendations on improving Kinaxis green approach to its physical environment.
- Assist with programming security access, passes and schedules
- Coordinate and oversee all office copy machine repairs and maintenance, postage machine maintenance, repair, and postage supply, etc.…)
- Drafts maintenance reports and recommends areas for improvement to management
- Prioritize work assignments by analyzing scope, importance, and deadlines
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve operations, decreased turnaround times, and streamlined work processes.
- Provide support to the FM in maintaining supplier matrices and the associated documentation
- Provide support to the FM in maintaining training matrices / records and back to work / self-certification documentation
- Where applicable, provide assistance and back-up support to the Receptionist
- Advising businesses on measures to improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the facility
- Occasionally be required to make quick decisions in emergency situations to minimize damage to Kinaxis property in the event of equipment failure
- Other duties as required
What we are looking for
- Post-secondary certification in a related field and at least three years of job-related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possess strong knowledge of contracting and procurement of facility related services
- Provide a wide range of services to allow the convenience of dealing with a single level Point of Contact for all maintenance and construction needs
- Completion of or actively working towards a facilities management certification would be considered an asset
- Ability to prioritize workload, work independently using initiative and judgment, adapt to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks, demonstrate attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational, written and oral communications skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Teams)
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.