At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
On Demand Upgrade and Migration Specialist
Job location: This is a remote position. You can work from home and be located anywhere in UK or Ireland
About the team
The Upgrade & Migration team delivers a positive and efficient experience while implementing upgrades and influencing customers to move from one premise to an on-demand environment. The Upgrade & Migration Specialist will be responsible for providing responsive technical support to our customers and perform a range of operational activities from managing customer upgrade projects to resolving product and/or service issues.
What you will do
- Assist in the coordination of product updates or upgrades to our customer environments
- Communicate and ensure understanding of processes, resources and steps required to complete successful upgrades
- Conduct negotiations and influence others while being flexible and adaptable
- Record test case, respond to questions and provide expertise to keep customer informed throughout the upgrade process
- Leverage KCS (Knowledge Center Service) principal to respond and resolved customer questions while expanding the Kinaxis Knowledge Base.
- Review release summary and present summary to support team.
- Liaise with internal Cloud Services team and customers to coordinate infrastructure changes such as datacenter or platform migrations
- Coordination of the design and deployment of changes following ITIL best practices using both manual and automated processes
- Assist in the development of operational practices ensuring to maintain the security of highly sensitive and confidential data
- Adhere to all security and confidentially requests
- There is an occasional requirement for weekend-based change introduction
What we are looking for
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a customer support, manufacturing, or inventory management environment in a customer facing role
- Solid working knowledge of the Windows Server environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong research and troubleshooting skills are required
- Successful candidates must be able to fulfill all security and confidentiality thresholds for this position
- Experience with Manufacturing and Inventory management
- Experience in project management
- Experience in a customer-facing technical support position
- Working knowledge of relational database, basic programing or query writing considered an asset
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.