At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
DIAS Technology Consultant (Professional Services, Digital Innovation and Acceleration Services)
Job location: This is a remote position. You can work from home and be located anywhere in the United States.
The DIAS Technology Consultant is a consulting position within Kinaxis’s Professional Services, Strategic Services organization. You will work closely with other team members in order to help deliver customer projects related to innovative applications, such as Production Planning and Scheduling, Command and Control Center, Algorithm Tuning and Extension.
What you will do:
- Participate in deep-dive customer business-requirements discovery sessions and help develop requirements-specifications documentation.
- Understand customer’s supply-planning needs.
- Working with a Technology Architect, develop creative solutions incorporating new capabilities to complex business problems while maintaining best practices.
- Learn and master RapidResponse® software and perform solution configuration.
- Learn and master a primary partner software such as PlanetTogether software and perform solution configuration.
- Learn and become proficient in a secondary partner software and support deployments.
- Guide and mentor regional consulting teams in our extended network and help build expert professional groups for all new services.
- Support the validation and testing of the solution and capture user feedback.
- Support data management and data integration related activities.
- Extend RapidResponse functionality and algorithms leveraging platform capabilities.
- Any other reasonable project-related tasks as assigned by the Project Manager.
What we are looking for:
- BS/MS Degree in in one of the following fields: Operations Management, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- Good background in Supply Chain engineering concepts and understanding of statistical forecasting, inventory management, MRP, scheduling, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience in Production Planning and/or Job Shop Scheduling or a related field.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in manufacturing is a strong asset.
- Ability to learn new applications – Kinaxis RapidResponse® and PlanetTogether to start with.
- A passion for working in customer-facing roles and you have great interpersonal, communication (both in written and in oral formats), facilitation and presentation skills.
- A genuine enthusiasm for working with new technologies, partners, capabilities, and concepts.
- Natural self-starter with a high degree of ownership of success.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other internal groups and the Technology Architect on the team.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be self-driven and work both independently and in a collaborative environment, as required.
- Ability to work virtually.
Things That Would Definitely Help:
- Detailed knowledge of Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Order Fulfilment, Capacity Planning, Inventory Management.
- Experience with manufacturing planning solutions such as RapidResponse, SAP, JDA, etc.
- Technical skills such as SQL, R, Java Script, Python, etc.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.