At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Team Lead, DevOps Automation
Job location: our office in Toronto (or) Ottawa, Canada
We are looking for a team lead to guide and help implement the automation for data centre and public cloud hosted applications.
As a team lead you will be responsible for championing and contributing to implementing and delivering software for highly available, scalable and secure product offerings. The ideal candidate will be a passionate problem solver with a strong background in application automation of Kubernetes and virtual machines applications.
What you will do
- Lead, mentor and motivate a team of software developers at all levels
- Drive automation for R&D and operational initiatives
- Oversee projects, deliverables, and timelines
- Advocate to R&D and operations teams for infrastructure and configuration as code
- Deliver and get feedback on automation solutions from R&D and operations teams
- Identify, Implement, and optimize DevOps improvements across Engineering
- Collaborate with development teams to deliver cloud first product offerings
- Collaborate with performance and test teams to optimize product offerings
- Collaborate with product operations team and implement feedback for deployment scalability
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of professional experience within a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering role
- 3+ years of experience with Ansible or similar configuration management tools
- 1-year minimum experience in a team lead role
- 2+ years experience working with AKS
- Experience in automation of Windows and Linux based infrastructure and applications
- Experience coding in Python, bash, PowerShell
- Ability to identify new technologies that improve existing workflows
- Terraform experience is an asset
- Core Azure services experience is an asset
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.