At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Senior Cloud Orchestration Engineer
Job location: This is a remote position. You can work from home and be located anywhere in Canada.
About the team
The Cloud Services Team provides the secure, stable, and scalable platform for Kinaxis' hosted services. We are responsible for ensuring service performance and availability to our customers globally, 7x24x365. We architect, maintain, and operate our unique infrastructure across both private and public cloud platforms. We also provide APIs, tools, services, knowledge, and support to the Product Development, Sales, and Professional Services organizations and across teams within Global Customer Care.
What you will do
As a Senior Cloud Orchestration Engineer, your role is to ensure that industry best practices and methodologies are applied to design, deployment, and operations of hybrid infrastructure solutions through automation and orchestration. The successful candidate should have a strong understanding of distributed systems, infrastructure, automation, and SaaS-based release models. You have experience working to automate, deploy and manage services and applications with orchestration and automation tools. The ideal individual for this role enjoys digging into new technologies and figuring out how to incorporate what they offer into our platform. You understand different people have different needs to be productive and strive to develop self-service-oriented solutions.
- Design, architect, build, maintain, and drive automation of hybrid infrastructure platforms using best practices and principles of “Infrastructure as Code”
- Work with the development teams to deploy and manage tools that support SDLC automation, configuration management and release management
- Design and implement automation for common operational tasks
- Participate in key decisions on automation improvements and optimization opportunities, by evaluating, reviewing, and recommending various automation tools and frameworks.
- Mentor other team members and provide expertise on new technologies introduced
- Build and maintain administration guides and process documents
- Ensure availability, reliability, security, and scalability of different environments (Production, Lab, Etc.) to meet business requirements
- Ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to senior management, business sponsors and technical resources in clear concise language
What we are looking for
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience in IT, including 5 with a SaaS organization
- Minimum 3 years of experience with large scale systems deployment
- Experience deploying systems on major Cloud vendors: AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP
- Strong working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code concepts
- Passionate about working on systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable and secure
- Experience with continuous integration and related tools such as Jenkins Pipelines, Git, GitHub, Helm, Skaffold etc
- Extensive experience with IT automation tools like Terraform, Packer, Vault, Cloudify, Ansible, PowerShell, Python, Puppet, Chef or other scripting languages and configuration languages such as YAML/JSON
- Well-versed with modern Cloud based technologies such as Kubernetes, networking, load balancers, database, monitoring, virtualization, storage, encryption, configuration management, application and system provisioning.
- Experience implementing high-scale cloud architectures using modern, cloud-based container platforms (PaaS/SaaS)
- Experience working collaboratively with Product and IT teams to support development and software delivery
- Enjoy learning and applying new technologies and enabling other teams to move faster
- Familiarity with Information Security and Governance industry standards/best practices and relevant regulations (e.g., NIST, ISO27001)
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to realign technical priorities rapidly to meet evolving business requirements
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skill
- Successful candidate must be able to fulfill all security and confidentiality thresholds for this position (SOC2, CGRP, etc.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.