At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
HR Business Partner
Job location: This is a remote position. You can work from home and be located anywhere in Ottawa or Toronto, Canada
About the team
Kinaxis is seeking a HR Business Partner who will support our seasoned Director level HR Business Partners with a focus on rolling out talent solutions and providing guidance to managers that help achieve business and people objectives across Kinaxis. Your forward facing approach and ability to identify HR initiatives that help achieve business goals positions you as a trusted advisor across all levels within the teams you support.
Reporting to the VP, Human Resources, we are looking for someone with a solid background as an HR Business Partner, comfortable with both an ambiguous and fast paced environment. You will understand the business and the culture, and provide strategic talent consult to Managers and Directors, as well as collaborate with teams across HR on talent solutions
What you will do
- Provide support to the Director, HR Business Partner for our global Sales, Professional Services, and Marketing teams in guiding new and mid-level management on talent related discussions
- Advise and coach managers on people related concerns, and provide employee relations guidance, as required
- Partner with our Talent Management team to provide advice and input on the design of HR programs (leadership, performance, succession, L&D) that will meet company wide needs
- Be a champion for Kinaxis employment value proposition, partnering across Kinaxis HR to train and roll out all people related initiatives
- Play a critical role in evaluating the effectiveness of HR programs, engaging key business stakeholders in the feedback loop, as required.
- Work with HR Shared Services and Talent Management Programs teams to ensure new programs, policies, and processes are effectively communicated organization wide
- Understand the business and technical perspective of the teams you support, including current investments, focus, and challenges in order to continually link business and people strategies
- Support the Director, HR Business Partners on operational workforce planning reporting and systems requirements
- Interpret HR data to provide insights to the business, and makes recommendations on best ROI of talent programs
What we are looking for
- At least 7 years of progressive HR experience, primarily as an HR Business Partner
- Must have experience working for a mid-to-large global organization in growth mode
- Deep expertise in providing guidance and consult to managers related to talent decisions
- Experience partnering with HR COEs in developing, enhancing, and rolling out global enterprise-wide talent programs
- Strong relationship-building and influencing skills and the ability to prioritize business requirements appropriately through a collaborative partnership approach
- Ability to anticipate the people implications of strategic and operating business decisions and plan for the future
- Solid business acumen and analytical abilities, with demonstrated experience leveraging talent data to provide evidence based people insights.
- Excellent consulting and coaching skills, coupled with the ability to influence stakeholders in delivering HR programs and initiatives to meet strategic objectives.
- Tenacity to navigate through ambiguity and constant change
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback, and encourage an open, honest and positive team environment
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.