At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Business Architect - Supply Chain Solutions Implementations
Location: This is a remote position - work from your home office anywhere in the United States.
The Business Architect is responsible for the business transformation aspects of each Kinaxis RapidResponse implementation throughout all the phases of the Customer Excellence journey (Discover, Deliver, Grow).
- Focus on solution design and delivery, helps translate the value offer into processes, solution requirements and a comprehensive change management approach to ensure customers from senior executives to planners buy into the designed solution.
- Focus on next phase of the journey, future state process and technology direction, and uses existing and proven methodologies.
- Work with sales during the discovery phase, with implementation team during delivery phase and with account team during grow phase, business architect helps articulate the value each time with increasing detail leveraging industry templates, customer blueprint and change management methodology we developed for Kinaxis RapidResponse.
- Attend Discovery workshops with sales teams to capture the value proposal of RapidResponse for each customer.
- Prepare for future implementations leveraging industry templates, customer blueprint methodology, draft user stories and shaping agenda for future solution blueprint.
- Lead the business case overview in the sales-to-service transition process.
- Help Client Partners to create statement of works, Customer blueprint schedules, implementation plans and deployment concepts.
- Lead Customer Blueprint workshops in close collaboration with Solution Architect to understand as-is process and pain points, align future state with industry templates and assess design topics.
- Support Solution Architects with rapid prototyping to define ‘special’ functionalities.
- Help Solution Architects drive customer signoff of Customer Blueprint.
- Explain and position best change management approach.
- Help detail out processes documented during Customer Blueprint.
- Lead updates to the Blueprint throughout the release process and any playback sessions.
- Act as a sounding board and keep track of customer change management plans.
- Develop roadshow materials and support the engagement if in scope.
- Support go-live transitions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in manufacturing, demand planning, computer science, information technology or related discipline.
- Strong background in Supply Chain engineering concepts and understanding of statistical forecasting, inventory management, MRP, scheduling, etc.
- Work well in a team environment and have the ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with manufacturing planning solutions such as Kinaxis, SAP, JDA, etc.
- Project management experience.
- College/University degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Research, Computer Science, Statistics or a related field
- Ability to travel 50% or more at times.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.