At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Industry Thought Leader
Job location: This is a remote position. You can work from home and be located anywhere in Canada.
About the team
Reporting to the VP of Industry Outreach and Thought Leadership, an Industry Though Leader is responsible for positioning Kinaxis as a leader in supply chain planning/execution and analytics in one or more specific industries. This person will serve as a sentinel to identify relevant trends and market inflection points, evangelize externally in both writing and speaking, drive an industry-first vision internally, and engage key prospects and customers, partners, as well as industry and academic experts.
Working closely with relevant forums within the supply chain, industry and analytics communities, this thought leader will stay abreast of current and future opportunities for Kinaxis as well as disruptive opportunities and threats. Partnering with peers, the Industry Thought Leader will share responsibility for representing our credibility by serving as a recognized expert with deep industry expertise in one or more verticals, in order to translate the dynamics of supply chain planning and execution within that industry. Priority vertical focus areas are consumer packaged goods, high tech and electronics, and discrete or process manufacturing.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in advancing external views into Kinaxis, while positioning Kinaxis as a leader with industry leaders and others in supply chain and beyond. A key factor in success will be the ability to collaborate internally as well, to leverage the strength and knowledge of cross-functional teams, particularly in Marketing, Sales, Professional Services, and Product, to work together to achieve these goals.
What you will do
- Represent Kinaxis publicly as a recognized content expert in supply chain and analytics, including responding to press inquiries.
- Give innovative and thought provoking presentations and participate in panels and workshops at leading industry events, both with a horizontal and vertical focus.
- Produce thought leadership pieces in the form of blogs, white papers, social media posts, videos, etc. on topics related to supply chain and analytics and spearhead the contributions of other subject matter experts within the company.
- Monitor and evaluate emerging trends within and outside of supply chain that have potential to disrupt supply chain, both positively and negatively.
- Encourage and promote peer-to-peer and company-to-company networking at both Kinaxis-sponsored events and within the professional community of supply chain and analytics.
- Collaborate with internal peers and help drive an industry-first, cross-functional approach to supply chain by leading an internal Industry Council, which is a cross-functional team focused on a specific vertical.
- Actively participate in relevant research communities within academia and beyond to keep topic area knowledge current and share experiences both internally and externally.
- Be a voice for CSCOs back to our internal teams – represent the top challenges and top priorities of our leading executives to ensure our products and messaging stay focused on the right issues.
- Consult at a credible peer level with key customers occasionally, as appropriate.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Masters preferred
- 10-15 years’ experience, preferably working as a practitioner in a senior Supply Chain management role, although experience may include combination of practical experience and consulting in Supply Chain.
- Recognition as an expert in supply chain management, with a strong preference for a focus on supply chain planning
- In-depth understanding of issues on the minds of supply chain executives and senior leaders, as well as the business value of supply chain and the alignment of business and supply chain strategies
- Strong writing skills and experience communicating messages via blogs, articles, white papers, videos, etc. for external audiences
- Demonstrated excellent presentation skills to audiences large and small
- Experience and skill using social media to communicate ideas.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating cross-functional lywith internal colleagues to drive successful outcomes on joint projects.
- Ability to take a position, based on facts, and support that position, both externally and internally, with clear analysis.
- Outstanding communication and reflective listening skills and the ability to adjust message as needed.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor with limited administrative support
- Ability to identify how changing technologies (e.g. IOT, AI/ML, Industry 4.0) will impact supply chain planning and execution in one or more specific industries
- When feasible, ability to travel up to 50% of the time, within North America as well as internationally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate both with peers as well as C-level executives.
- Energetic, Sales savvy.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.