At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Job location: This is a remote position. You can work from home and be located anywhere in Canada or USA.
Term Length: 4 months starting January 2022
About the team
We’re looking for someone who is interested in playing a role on our team in the Office of Strategy, where we look at our longer-term plans for how to impact supply chain, how thought leadership can address these issues, and how academic outreach can help prepare for the supply chain of the future. Our work involves everything from deepening our understanding of the trends driving supply chain (sustainability, IoT, digital twins, trade and tariffs, AI/ML, automation, hyperpersonalization, 3D printing, etc.), evaluating future opportunities to strengthen the advanced analytics in our offerings (e.g. machine learning, mathematical optimization, simulation), and partnering with universities who are doing leading work in these areas.
The ideal candidate combines technical skills and interests to inform these questions along with a keen business orientation to ensure practicality of offerings. Someone who can bring their own brand of ‘what if’ thinking, who isn’t afraid to ask questions and make suggestions. The ideal candidate has a passion for learning, is curious about everything and enjoys researching new topics.
What you will do
In this role, you will be working in the Office of Strategy with the VP of Industry Outreach and Thought Leadership and her team on analytics strategy, thought leadership research and planning, and academic outreach. You will:
- Research supply chain trends we are (or should) follow to provide input into writing and speaking on this topic
- Convert research into stories for slides and written content
- Analyze applicability of these trends by the industries we serve (e.g. life sciences, CPG, automotive, etc.)
- Develop case studies on supply chain management for academic usage
- Identify academics who are leaders in these key trends and their experience writing and speaking on these topics for managerial audiences
- Build reporting and dashboarding tools to reflect market trends and impact
- May perform additional projects upon request
What We Are Looking For
- Currently enrolled in an analytics, supply chain, or business program with a strong focus and/or background in supply chain at the Graduate level.
- Ability to think at the big picture level as well as gather information at a detailed level and map those details back to strategic objectives
- A passion for technology and its application to solve business problems in supply chain
- Excellent ability to translate and summarize knowledge gained in research into distillation of key takeaways for executives
- Passionate about learning and researching
- Strong strategic planning skills
- Someone who enjoys talking to people from all groups and all levels
- A self-starter with strong initiative
- A natural curiosity and isn’t afraid to ask a lot of questions
- Interest in gaining invaluable, hands-on strategy experience in one of the top tech companies in the country!
Things that Would Definitely Help
- Experience working in supply chain or operations
- Experience applying advanced analytics to solve business problems
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.