At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Algorithms Developer C++
Job location: Canada- Remote
About the team
Algorithm Developers at Kinaxis create algorithms to optimize supply chains. Ever wonder how the hundreds of parts in your new smart phone come together from different suppliers all over the world? Kinaxis solves problems like that every day.
Our customers have terabytes of data that needs to be analyzed for the largest supply chains imaginable. Our algorithms move the global economy-- in seconds, not hours, or days.
It’s Big Data with an impact; Data Science on the front lines.
Our team is based out of our head office in Ottawa but we will consider candidates located anywhere within Canada.
What you will do
- Invent new algorithms to solve challenging supply chain problems
- Take your ideas through full lifecycle: design, implement, test and release
- Balance complexity, execution time and memory footprint to deliver performant solutions
- Collaborate closely with your agile team members and other stakeholders
- Connect with our global consulting team to solve customer issues and gather new requirements
- Shape the future direction of Kinaxis as we move into new markets
What are we looking for
- A love of data structures and algorithms, and the desire to apply them in the real world
- Working knowledge of C++, including object-oriented design an design patterns
- Ability to design high performance code that does in seconds what others do in hours
- A high personal quality bar encompassing best software practices and craft
- The commitment to help every member of your team perform better
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science (or related)
- Experience in:
- Analytics or iterative algorithms
- Optimization algorithms or statistical packages
- Background in, or understanding of, supply chain management
Nice to have
- Experience working under agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience using tools such as Visual Studio, JIRA, Confluence, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Experience developing and testing data structures and algorithms
- Experience developing for virtual and cloud infrastructure
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.