At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Principal Software Developer
Job location: Canada
About the team
What you will do
- Mentor peers and lead by example in software development best practices
- Design and implement a product platform that provides access to our leading-edge Machine Learning and Big Data platforms
- Build new software components and services that seamlessly integrate user interface with backend services
- Continuously improve the performance, scalability, extensibility, stability, and cost effectiveness of our frontend and backend architecture.
What we are looking for
- Experience building and scaling a consumer-facing full-stack web-application
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle and processes in agile development environment
- Experience working in a Scrum based Agile team
- Experience working with at least one cloud platform (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience using Java and Spring
- Experience using React and Redux
- Experience with relational databases (eg. PostgreSQL)
Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, Helm and Jenkins
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience.
Nice to have:
- Cloud computing frameworks: Spark, Hive, Hadoop
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org