At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Business Analyst - IT
Job location: This is a remote position. You can work from home and be located in Ottawa or Toronto, Canada.
About the team
As part of the IT Application Excellence team, you will be responsible for a wide range of activities related to needs assessments, technology selection, managing technology implementation, process improvement projects, and supporting business systems.
Your role will be to proactively partner with Kinaxis internal stakeholders and IT Business Partners to understand the business objectives, operating model, and processes. Through this business knowledge, you will identify areas where efficiency and productivity could be improved using business process improvements and technology solutions. Essential responsibilities include managing relationships, communications, business process development and analysis, data analysis, requirements definition, solution configuration, project coordination, documentation, and training.
You will be responsible for building and designing solutions on various platforms (Salesforce), Sales, Marketing & Customer Support solutions (Gainsight CX/PX, FullStory, Apttus/Salesforce CPQ, GetFeedback / Zoominfo, Outreach, etc.).
What you will do
- Work closely with other Corporate IT teams, IT Business Partners, App Excellence team members and business users to identify and analyze business processes, user and system requirements and support existing suit of Sales, Marketing & Customer Support solutions.
- Conduct impact analysis of requirements in collaboration with key Corporate IT team members.
- Conduct meetings with various stakeholders and IT Business Partners.
- Evaluate technology solution options and make recommendations.
- Provide technical solution on the existing technology.
- Assist the IT Business Solutions team in system testing and application support.
- Coordinate new system implementations including timely data migration, user training, ITIL process implementation and post go live support models.
- Work with cross-functional teams to design or re-engineer business processes and take ownership of their translation into design specifications, implementation, and transition to operations.
What we are looking for
- 8 + years of functional/professional experience in business analysis, project management, testing and/or application support.
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience with design, configuration and/or support of Gainsight CX/PX, FullStory, Apttus/Salesforce CPQ, GetFeedback / Zoominfo, Outreach or similar tools preferred.
- Expertise with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) & agile practices.
- Ability to translate high-level business requirements into functional and system requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cloud technologies, object-oriented, and web-based systems, applications, environments, and relevant tools/technology.
- Working knowledge of SQL for querying databases.
- Preference given to candidates with a technical background, system/data integration experience or experience with API development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and evaluate several alternative solutions to meet the business needs.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.