At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Our team develops tools and frameworks that automate the process of building, testing, deploying, and monitoring RapidResponse solutions. We work with distributed systems that run on clusters of machines. We connect R&D, IT and support teams to drive greater efficiency, working with a wide range of technologies and languages including Jenkins, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic, Groovy, PowerShell, .NET Core/C#, ASP.NET Core/MVC, SQL Server.
As DevOps Architect, you will drive the design, shape and direction of our release management pipeline. This includes taking on a technical leadership role to define and implement new approaches to enable adoption of cloud services (public, private and hybrid) and the associated shifts in processes for development, business and IT.
- Oversee design activities relating to maintenance and operations of a secure, efficient, reliable, distributed deployment solutions. Enabling efficient deployment and management of our SaaS offering at scale.
- Ensure development teams have access to the right tools by leading the adoption/creation of the right tooling and processes with the goal of having a fully automated release management pipeline. Including automated builds, environment creation, validations, deployments, and production logging.
- Work in close collaboration with development teams to ensure proposed designs are compatible with deployment environments and practices.
- Leverage a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understanding how to use them to drive technology changes required to support product architecture initiatives.
- Provide options for new technology adoption into the organization in order to strengthen the operational efficiency of our deployment activities.
- Provide technical leadership across teams to refine initiatives into well documented epics and stories that remove ambiguity by clearly articulating functional and nonfunctional system behavior expectations and design objectives.
- Develop accurate effort estimates as part of planning cycles to help the teams providing development support to prioritize and make scoping decisions.
- Collaborate with other members of the product development team, architects and product managers to define initiative dependencies and priorities.
- Ensure that all deployed solutions follow security and compliance controls.
- Provide technical and professional guidance, review, and coach Cloud Engineers to support their professional growth.
- Experience in developing and designing solutions for a SaaS deployment platform, including orchestration of large number of components in complex and high velocity environment.
- Extensive experience running large-scale production environments.
- Extensive experience with orchestration related technologies:
- Containers on Linux and Windows
- Well-versed with modern SaaS technologies such as:
- Storage technologies like NetApp and snapshots
- Experience with network technologies
- Load-balancers like the F5 and NGinX
- Firewall rules, routing rules
- Experience with others common SaaS technologies like databases, virtualization, encryption, configuration management, application and system provisioning.
- Experience with object Storage and S3 REST API, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform to automate infrastructure.
- Experience with API and Microservice driven coding methodologies and coding practices
- Experience with unit test frameworks and integration testing at scale
- Experience with version control tools such as Git, Subversion, etc.
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with artifact repositories such as Artifactory, Nexus, etc
- System administrator skillset with hybrid environment (Linux/Windows) an asset.
- Knowledge of ITIL and NIST frameworks an asset
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Software development, including 5 years as a full stack developer.
- Minimum 5 years with Cloud / SaaS Orchestration
- Minimum 5 years with .NET- or a JVM-based language, such as C#, Groovy, Java, etc.
- Minimum 3 year experience with implementing open source monitoring & alerting systems (Nagios, Prometheus)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.